Open Source Ecology, with the support of Mornflake

1 view

Jeremy

May 19, 2009, 9:02:26 PM5/19/09
to Transition BH
Hi, my name is Jeremy Mason and I'm writing from Factor E Farm in
Missouri, USA. We're leading the Open Source Ecology movement
dedicated to creating tools to build the first modern interconnected
self-sufficient resilient communities that can be reproduced by anyone
at low cost. See our blog http://www.OpenFarmTech.org/weblog/ and our
wiki http://www.OpenFarmTech.org for the open source hardware we're
developing, including a Compressed Earth Brick Press and a multi-
purpose tractor.

Our goals are aligned with the transition town movement, and we hope
the tools we are creating reflect that. We hope you find the project
interesting and useful!

Thanks to Mornflake cereal http://www.mornflake.com and their online
video contest http://www.mornflakecompetition.com we're able to spend
time to reach out to UK online communities. The idea is that it makes
more sense for us to promote each other then for them to promote
themselves.

We're looking for experts and researchers to help us create open
source plans for a Babington burner, a pyrolysis oil fast reactor, and
a solar concentrator. We're working towards a Resilient Community
Construction Kit of 40 technologies. We're also looking for seasonal
volunteers.

If any of the projects look particularly interesting to anyone here
please get in contact with us at OpenSour...@gmail.com to help
out or maybe buy one or start up a business making them when they are
complete.

Thank you and take care!

Jeremy