-- Transition meeting 19th -- Re-Skilling

jackus...@googlemail.com

Mar 26, 2009, 12:49:34 PM3/26/09
to Transition BH
Sorry about the delay,

On the re-skilling table i think we came up with quite a few valuable
ideas:

The two main points were the development of an Online Web Based
Directory, bit like a yellow pages of useful websites
(www.instructables.com, Freecycle.org, along those kind of lines...)
place names (Charlie Trents car parts), phone numbers (Local Shops,
traditional trades and general local area information...) and so on.

The second point were covered to a lesser extent but of no less
importance is how we could put our heads together and start building
projects, inventing new sustainable ideas but clearly as more of a
long term goal. I personally have a ton of interest in inventing and
innovative ideas in the use of reclaimed, used materials along with
methods of obtaining clean energy (turbines, electromagnetic
generators blah blah, all that kind of stuff). child powered maybe?
More development to be done in the next meeting.

We found that a full list of everybody's skill has not yet been
created where each person puts down all the skills they could teach to
one and other. This would make exhibiting "show and tell" skills at
functions like the big green fortnight easier...

think that covers the majority :)

finally, i'll list the websites we thought up and a few others:

- Gumtree
- Freecycle
- Couchsurfing
- Squidlabs
- Instructables
- howstuffworks
- ebay!
(im gunna try and find a load more)

Dave Crossland

Mar 26, 2009, 2:53:21 PM3/26/09
to transi...@googlegroups.com
2009/3/26 jackus...@googlemail.com <jackus...@googlemail.com>:

> Sorry about the delay,

No worries :)

Please add a new page to http://groups.google.com/group/transition-bh/web :-)

> We found that a full list of everybody's skill has not yet been
> created where each person puts down all the skills they could teach to

> one another

We are already listing our locations and some of our skills at
http://groups.google.com/group/transition-bh/web/locations :-)

Gary Finch

Apr 1, 2009, 1:18:28 PM4/1/09
to transi...@googlegroups.com