Transition meeting 19 March Grasshopper

susanna...@googlemail.com

Mar 16, 2009, 11:58:43 AM3/16/09
to Transition BH
Hi Everyone

Ian & I are looking forward seeing you and facilitating the meeting.
We aim to start on time so those who live further away can leave at a
reasonable time. If you're not able to be there at the beginning
please join in when you arrive. Sue

Thursday 19 March 7.30 – 9.30

Agenda:
7.30 – 8.30
• Recap notes from last meeting
• Feedback from Permaculture day at Rob’s place
• Local and National events of interest
• Update and large group discussion about the Big Green Fortnight

8.30 – 9.15
Discussion groups with 1 achievable action from each group (subjects
are flexible)
1. Using skills list from previous meeting, what is the next step?
2. Where do we go from here?
3. Any other topic?

9.15 – 9.30
Feedback
Social time for those wishing to stay!

Ideas:
Would a recourse table at each meeting be useful?
Could we split into our area groups sometime, within the larger group,
so we get to know those who live near to us?

Janice (home)

Mar 26, 2009, 12:04:49 PM3/26/09
to transi...@googlegroups.com

Hello Everyone,

The Big Green Fortnight (BGF) break out group discussed the previously mentioned ideas for the BGF Open Day Transitions stand at The Pavilion on 23rd May, came up with several other suggestions and individuals identified activities and tasks that they would take on.

These included:

 1. Re-skilling demos such as knitting/darning, baking, cycle repair, wormeries, food growing etc as a catalyst to draw people to the stand;

 2. Possible screening of films such as The Story of Stuff, Genie in the bottle etc;

 3. Displays to sell the concept of transitions such as stills from films, thermal imaging to demonstrate the impact of insulation etc,

        sea levels to display the impact of climate change, what does the conurbation need in 2026;

 4. Creation of artwork and promotional literature;

 5. Inviting celebrities to be present at the stand;

 6. Making a film of local aspects.

Important: There will be a BGF organising meeting at 7.30pm on Wednesday 8th April at Janice's house - 32, Namu Road, Winton, BH9 2QU.  All welcome - if you cannot make it - please email me to let me know what progress you are making with your aspect of the Open Day.  Please make every effort to attend as we need to make sure that plans for the Open Day are progressing. Many thanks!

Best Regards, Janice.

Gary Finch

Apr 1, 2009, 1:15:09 PM4/1/09
to transi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Janice, I can't make wednesdays but will be collecting the materials needed for tyre wormeries and mini cloche/hydroponic demonstrators.  I have display boards if some one can collect and will contact Permaculture Assoc fpor flyers etc If peolple could save 2ltr fizzy drink bottles (plastic), gravel and some compost - Bale of straw or shredded newspaper also needed that would be helpful

Regards, Gary Finch