Announcing the Transifex Django branch

Dimitris Glezos

Oct 15, 2008, 11:30:04 PM10/15/08
to Transifex devel list
I'm extremely happy to finally have something worth presenting on the
Django branch of Transifex. It only took one month of developing, but
I'm pretty satisfied with the result.

The code is available from the following hg repo:

http://code.transifex.org/tx-django

It's pretty late (or early?) to write a long email, so I'll keep it
short. Here's a quick list of the features in this branch (which will
eventually become Transifex 0.5):

* Complete re-write of source code on top of the Django framework
* Refactoring of the version control system level, supporting cvs,
svn, hg, git and bzr.
* Translation statistics support
* User registrations
* OpenID authentication
* Search support in projects
* Support for notification on changes in registered projects
* Documentation using the Sphinx library

We now have a new documentation system, which will gradually be filled
up with more information:

http://docs.transifex.org/0.5-devel

To get your own installation, there are some instructions available at:

http://docs.transifex.org/0.5-devel/intro/install.html#intro-install

A live deployment of the service is available at:

http://beta.transifex.net/

User/pass: demo/demo05. Feel free to play around with it as much and
any way you'd like, it's a sandbox. Me and Diego need to get some
sleep, so we've deactivated svn, git and bzr which needed some extra
installation to work.

Thank you all for your patience on this. We're all ears for your comments. :-)

Keep rocking!

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos