transfer.get() not returning a new instance when record does not exist

Aaron Roberson

Feb 26, 2010, 11:15:18 PM2/26/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
I'm on CF9 and IIS.

When I call tranfer.get("object", 0) I get the following error instead of a new class instance:

Error Type: The query provided to populate this transfer is empty : [N/A]
Error Messages: transfer.EmptyQueryException
It is likely the ID that has been selected for this query no longer exists

I have the same exact code running on the same setup and am not having any problems with it.

Any reason why this is happening and how to correct it to make it work as it is designed besides wrapping the code in conditional logic?

Aaron Roberson

Feb 27, 2010, 12:05:07 AM2/27/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
I just found another thread regarding the same issue. I am updating to the SVN version right now and hopefully it resolves the issue and does not cause others.

I'll keep posting here.

Aaron Roberson

Feb 27, 2010, 12:21:53 AM2/27/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Well that didn't work at all. Unlike someone else who reported that updating to the SVN version took away the EmptyQueryException problem on my app the problem still remains.

I have no idea where to go from here besides writing a bunch of code to accommodate for transfer.get() not returning a new class instance which is not something I want to do..

Any help is appreciated!!

-Aaron

Mark Mandel

Feb 27, 2010, 12:24:35 AM2/27/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Aaron,

This error is due to 1.1 not working on ColdFusion 9, you need to use the SVN version. I'm looking at releasing a 1.1.1 to combat this at the request of the community in the near future.

Once you have updated Transfer to SVN (or pluggable cache), make sure you restart Transfer.

Mark

E: mark....@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

Hands-on ColdFusion ORM Training @ cf.Objective() 2010
www.ColdFusionOrmTraining.com/

Aaron Roberson

Feb 27, 2010, 12:27:13 AM2/27/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
I upgraded to SVN and I was just now looking in the new google group search you just posted and the wiki site for how to restart transfer. I don't remember what the query string is, can you remind me?

Mark Mandel

Aaron Roberson

Feb 27, 2010, 12:33:07 AM2/27/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I just realized I need to rename my app in ColdBox to restart the application which should also restart transfer!

--
Try out the new Transfer ORM Custom Google Search:
http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=002375903941309441958:2s7wbd5ocb8

Dorioo

Feb 27, 2010, 8:16:46 AM2/27/10
to transf...@googlegroups.com
Aaron,

I would caution you against renaming your application to restart it.
While you do get a new application that way, the old one is still
taking up space in memory.

If you are using built-in Transfer support in ColdBox, "reiniting"
your app will automatically recreate transfer as part of the process.
"Reiniting" is the proper way to "restart" the app:

http://wiki.coldbox.org/wiki/URLActions.cfm

- Gabriel