Will traceur become a full Ecmascript harmony compiler?

Raynos

Jun 28, 2011, 8:47:30 AM6/28/11
to traceur-compiler-discuss
Is the aim of traceur to support a certain subset of es:next features
or to become a full ecmascript harmony compiler?

I have a related stackoverflow question here :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6506519/ecmascriptharmony-es6-to-javascript-compiler

Erik Arvidsson

Oct 11, 2011, 3:04:57 PM10/11/11
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 05:47, Raynos <ray...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Is the aim of traceur to support a certain subset of es:next features
> or to become a full ecmascript harmony compiler?

The goal is to implement ES6 features as specified in the lates ES6 draft.

For things not yet in the draft I want to separate them into 2
different categories.

.) Things that have been approved for ES.next (on the proposals page
on the wiki)
.) Experimental things that have not yet been approved.

Any syntactic or semantic difference in Traceur compared to the above
should be considered a bug.

The following bug is about adding flags to the compiler to
enable/disable certain features.

http://code.google.com/p/traceur-compiler/issues/detail?id=14

--
erik

Aikar

Oct 12, 2011, 4:49:44 PM10/12/11
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
will the compiler also support flags to control dest platform/ES versions?

Ie: when alot of these features land in v8/node.js, we would want to NOT translate that code and let the official support pick it up.

Erik Arvidsson

Oct 12, 2011, 6:54:17 PM10/12/11
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm, interesting idea. We would have to have separate flags for the
parser and the transformer but it seems straight forward to add once
this becomes an issue.

erik

Jose Balius

Apr 5, 2014, 6:45:15 PM4/5/14
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
I know is is an old thread, but has there been any progress on this?

Node now has --harmony-block-scoping which I would like to use (instead of the traceur implementation) but setting the blockBinding flag to false doesn't seem to work, I still get "Unexpected token let" from traceur.

Erik Arvidsson

Apr 5, 2014, 9:10:36 PM4/5/14
to traceur-comp...@googlegroups.com
Just set blockBinding to parse.