Can I assign due dates to tickets?

Lois

Dec 7, 2006, 11:14:32 AM12/7/06
to Trac Users
I am new to trac - evaluating it as PM solution. Can I assign due
dates to tasks and create a timeline from those due dates?

thank you
Lois

Michael Ekstrand

Dec 7, 2006, 4:34:28 PM12/7/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Dec 7, 2006, at 10:14 AM, Lois wrote:
> I am new to trac - evaluating it as PM solution. Can I assign due
> dates to tasks and create a timeline from those due dates?

About the closest thing I'm aware of is the ability to create
milestones, assign due dates to those, and then assign tickets
various milestones. This may provide sufficient functionality for
you, or it may not.

HTH,
- Michael

Eoin Dunne

Dec 7, 2006, 4:43:07 PM12/7/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
You can also create custom fields for tickets. Create a custom field
called "estimated time" if you want.

There is also a plugin on the trac site that includes a burn down chart
based on another plugin which includes limited time tracking.

Just check on trac's main site for the plugin list.

kris

Dec 7, 2006, 4:56:09 PM12/7/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 08:14 -0800, Lois wrote:
> I am new to trac - evaluating it as PM solution. Can I assign due
> dates to tasks and create a timeline from those due dates?

We use the gantt chart plugin. It modifies the ticket system
to add an optional start and due date.

http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/GanttPlugin

--
Kristian Kvilekval