Has anyone used Trac Remote SVN plugin?

lucenut

Jul 27, 2007, 6:03:51 PM7/27/07
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to get a Trac Project to connect to a remote SVN repo. Is this
currently possible? Has anyone used
http://www.meadowy.org/~gotoh/projects/remote-svn-plugin it looks like it
might be good. Also, exactly how would you install it for someone who's
never installed a Trac plugin before? Like it says:

1. Get source and expand to directory. --- What directory?
2. Build and install package using setup.py.

python setup.py install --- Is that it?

To use this plugin with new environment,

1. On creating new trac environment, specify repository URL for
repository location, and specify backend type "rsvn" (not "svn") --- does
this mean a url like "rsvn://www.yahoo.com" in the "repository_dir" in the
trac.ini?

Noam Tamim

Jul 29, 2007, 3:05:36 AM7/29/07
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
The plugin's author is pretty clear in the website:

Current status of code is alpha. It means it is just implemented but not well tested. I've passed test with small but complex repository to get same result with standard subvesionbackend svn_fs on my Windows environment. But not yet succeeded with bigger public repository like Trac and TracHacks. So pleae do not use this plugin except testing purpose.

lucenut

Jul 29, 2007, 2:51:43 PM7/29/07
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Maybe I wasn't clear with my question:might be good....

Greg