Graph of number of lines of code commited per developer per day

RjOllos

Dec 4, 2010, 6:49:22 AM12/4/10
to Trac Users
I was wondering if anyone knows of a plugin that displays the number
of lines of code commited by each developer, graphed over time. The
repository is SVN. I couldn't find anything on the first pass.

Trying to use the statistic as a rough measure for future estimates of
project completion, for whatever its worth.

Lucas Rangit MAGASWERAN

Dec 6, 2010, 12:05:12 AM12/6/10
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 03:49 -0800, RjOllos wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone knows of a plugin that displays the number
> of lines of code commited by each developer, graphed over time. The
> repository is SVN. I couldn't find anything on the first pass.

TracStatsPlugin is very close to what you're looking for. If it doesn't
have the number of lines changed by author by date consider contributing
a patch that adds it.

In case it helps, I've used the command below to get LOC changed by user
(not by date).

svn ls -R | egrep -v -e "\/$" | xargs svn blame | awk '{print $2}' |
sort | uniq -c | sort -r

(source:
http://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/view/2787/prints-total-line-count-contribution-per-user-for-an-svn-repository)

Olemis Lang

Dec 6, 2010, 11:14:43 AM12/6/10
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 12:05 AM, Lucas Rangit MAGASWERAN
<external+e...@magasweran.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-12-04 at 03:49 -0800, RjOllos wrote:
>> I was wondering if anyone knows of a plugin that displays the number
>> of lines of code commited by each developer, graphed over time.  The
>> repository is SVN. I couldn't find anything on the first pass.
>
> TracStatsPlugin is very close to what you're looking for.

I have to take a look at this plugin ...

> If it doesn't
> have the number of lines changed by author by date consider contributing
> a patch that adds it.

This seems like a very good idea , and you may also implement a GViz
data source using TracGViz plugin and render the data using Annotated
Timeline visualization . In that case graph will look like Google
Finance trend graphs ... which would be nice to have

;o)

> In case it helps, I've used the command below to get LOC changed by user
> (not by date).
>
> svn ls -R | egrep -v -e "\/$" | xargs svn blame | awk '{print $2}' |
> sort | uniq -c | sort -r
>
> (source:
> http://www.commandlinefu.com/commands/view/2787/prints-total-line-count-contribution-per-user-for-an-svn-repository)

Good start to get it done

:)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:

RjOllos

Dec 6, 2010, 9:49:38 PM12/6/10
to Trac Users
Thanks, some very useful information from both reply'ers.

An enhancement to the TracStatsPlugin sounds good, and for that matter
I hope to eventually get all of the functionality of the
TracStatsPlugin integrated cleanly with the TracMetrixPlugin (down the
road quite a ways though).