Logout button does nothing

Steve Pole

Sep 27, 2006, 9:34:37 PM9/27/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

when a user is logged into Trac and hits the 'Logout' button, nothing happens, the user just stays logged in.

This is not really a major issue as it does not prevent anyone from doing anything, but it gives those in the company who are against Trac a reason not to use it (security issue bla bla bla). IMO, it should just work, because what would the logout button be there for otherwise ?!?.

TIA,

CU z00m1n

Kenneth Gonsalves

Sep 27, 2006, 9:54:05 PM9/27/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

On 28-Sep-06, at 7:04 AM, Steve Pole wrote:

> when a user is logged into Trac and hits the 'Logout' button,
> nothing happens, the user just stays logged in.

works for me

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS
law...@au-kbc.org
http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/

Alistair Campbell

Sep 27, 2006, 9:52:32 PM9/27/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
This issue is due to the browser caching authentication information on
the behalf of the user. Unless the mechanism has been changed in more
recent versions of trac, I'd imagine this is still the case.

Sid Wiesner

Sep 27, 2006, 9:56:40 PM9/27/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 28-Sep-06, at 7:04 AM, Steve Pole wrote:
>
>> when a user is logged into Trac and hits the 'Logout' button,
>> nothing happens, the user just stays logged in.
>
> works for me

This is a known problem. To really logout, you'll need to close the
browser.

The Trac roadmap currently lists the fix for this as happening in the
0.12 release.

Sid

z00m1n

Sep 27, 2006, 10:14:24 PM9/27/06
to Trac Users
Thanks for the info, I am happy to wait for a fix to come in with a
later update.

If this is a known problem, why couldn't I find anything in this group
searching for 'log out', logout ? What resources should I tap in the
future before asking here ?

CU z00m1n

Sid Wiesner

Sep 27, 2006, 10:24:54 PM9/27/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
z00m1n wrote:
> If this is a known problem, why couldn't I find anything in this group
> searching for 'log out', logout ? What resources should I tap in the
> future before asking here ?

This list was just recently moved to googlegroups, so the archives on
google only go back 1 month. If you want to access the archives from
the previous list address, try searching here:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.subversion.trac.general

Sid

John Hampton

Sep 27, 2006, 11:44:27 PM9/27/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

FYI, of one uses the AccountManager plugin from trac-hacks.org and uses
it's form based login, then logout works just fine.

-John

Brad Anderson

Sep 27, 2006, 11:50:18 PM9/27/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

Ditto with DbAuthPlugin

BA

Emmanuel Blot

Sep 28, 2006, 2:25:57 AM9/28/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
> This is a known problem. To really logout, you'll need to close the
> browser.

... or a browser (or an extension) that offers an option to clear out
http authentication data.
Firefox does, for example.

Another option is to use an alternative way to authenticate (a Trac plugin).

Cheers,
Manu