Repository view instructions

Thomas Vander Stichele

Dec 16, 2006, 11:01:36 AM12/16/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

one of the number one questions I get from people that browse my
repositories through trac is "how do I check out the code on this page".

Thinking about it, it seems like an obvious problem for outsiders, and I
want to add something to each browser page that says how to check out
the current directory out of svn.

Does anything like this already exist ? If not, what's the best way to
add it ?

Thanks
Thomas

Ilias Lazaridis

Dec 16, 2006, 11:58:58 AM12/16/06
to Trac Users

Ο/Η Thomas Vander Stichele έγραψε:

> Hi,
>
> one of the number one questions I get from people that browse my
> repositories through trac is "how do I check out the code on this page".
>
> Thinking about it, it seems like an obvious problem for outsiders, and I
> want to add something to each browser page that says how to check out
> the current directory out of svn.
>
> Does anything like this already exist ?

It seems not.

> If not, what's the best way to add it ?

I've filed an enhancement request:

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4406

you can add yourself on the "CC" list, in order to get notifications
about acceptance and progress of this ticket.

.

--
http://dev.lazaridis.com/base

Gustavo Delfino

Dec 18, 2006, 3:10:19 PM12/18/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Thomas, I believe that the easiest way is using a TortoiseSVN
checkout link. See:

http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/nightly/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-repository-
links.html

Unfortunately this solution is Windows specific.

Regards,

Gustavo Delfino

Aaron D. Marasco

Dec 18, 2006, 3:16:51 PM12/18/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

I assume you'd have to make some serious changes to have the browser
component of trac server that up.

I have used this Firefox (Windows only) plugin:
http://www.pumacode.org/projects/tsvnmenu

Unfortunately, that only works with the svn handler in Apache, not the
trac browser.

- Aaron

--
Sent using a web interface, so I am sending this instead of working.