Highlighting locked files

Joel Bender

Feb 24, 2011, 2:30:49 PM2/24/11
to Trac Users
Hi all,

I'm hosting a project that is using Enterprise Architect from Sparx Systems (http://www.sparxsystems.com/) to develop a model, with the CollabNet subversion client on Windows connected to our Trac server. When a developer wants to work on part of the project they 'check out' a 'package' in EA, which has the side effect of locking the XMI file (which is XML encoded content of that piece of the project). When they are done, they 'check in' the 'package' which commits the XMI file changes and releases the lock.

While this system has it's bumps in the road, so far it's working well. When there is contention for a 'package' I can use svn info with the full URL of the XMI file and see who has it checked out. I would like to make this same information available prowling around through the repository via 'Browse Source'.

I would like to see the same lock information (the Lock Owner, Lock Created time and Lock Comment if there is one) on the information page for a file, and on the directory view have the file highlighted in some way. Perhaps showing 'Lock Owner' rather than 'Author' and 'Lock Comment' rather than 'Last Change' if the file is locked.

Has anyone developed a patch for this?

Joel

Alex Willmer

Mar 2, 2011, 11:12:24 AM3/2/11
to Trac Users
On Feb 24, 7:30 pm, Joel Bender <j...@cornell.edu> wrote:
> I would like to see the same lock information (the Lock Owner, Lock Created time and Lock Comment if there is one) on the information page for a file, and on the directory view have the file highlighted in some way.  Perhaps showing 'Lock Owner' rather than 'Author' and 'Lock Comment' rather than 'Last Change' if the file is locked.
>
> Has anyone developed a patch for this?

I am not aware of any patches. In support of Logica #define I shall be
implementing such a feature soon. I've filed an enhancement at
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/10058 and will attach the patch there
once done.

Regards, Alex