Graphviz Plugin v0.6.7

Peter Kropf

Sep 1, 2006, 7:44:28 PM9/1/06
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi -

Trac Graphviz Plugin v0.6.7 Release Notes
September 1, 2006

Graphviz plugin v0.6.7 for Trac is now available. The Graphviz wiki
processor is a plugin for Trac that allows the the dynamic generation
of diagrams by the various graphviz programs. The text of a wiki page
can contain the source text for graphviz and the web browser will show
the resulting image.

Changes for release v0.6.7
--------------------------

* The GraphvizMacro v0.6.5 release introduced a bug with the now
optional cmd_path. If run on a platform whose sys.platform name is
not in the GraphvizMacro.cmd_paths dictionary, the self.cmd_path
variable isn't initialized. This caused a wee problem and stack
trace in Trac.

The graphviz plugin macro home page can be found at:
https://trac-hacks.swapoff.org/wiki/GraphvizPlugin

The plugin has been tested on Linux x86 system with python 2.3.5 and
the 0.9-stable and trunk branches of Trac.

Testing on other platforms would be appreciated.

Bugs and enhancement requests can be submitted at:
http://trac-hacks.swapoff.org/newticket?component=GraphvizPlugin&owner=pkropf

-- Peter

stev...@hotmail.com

Sep 5, 2006, 11:40:26 AM9/5/06
to Trac Users
Peter Kropf wrote:

> The plugin has been tested on Linux x86 system with python 2.3.5 and
> the 0.9-stable and trunk branches of Trac.
>
> Testing on other platforms would be appreciated.

Hi!

I had a prolbem with Graphviz Plugin v0.6.7 and trac 0.10, I first
wanted to create a ticket at tac-hacks, but the spam-filter didn't let
me :-) So I paste the text here, sorry for the formatting:

If run with trac 0.10, and Python 2.4 `GraphvizMacro.render_macro()`
throws exceptions. According to trac 0.10 release notes, "everything is
unicode" now, and that seems to be the problem.

* sha_key = sha.new(self.processor + self.processor_options +
content).hexdigest() throws `UnicodeDecodeError`

* I tried to correct this in the form:

sha_key = sha.new((self.processor + self.processor_options +
content).encode('latin1', 'replace')).hexdigest()

* this works, but after that there occurs an error in
`GraphvizMacro.launch()` at p_in.writelines()

So it seems to be a more thorough problem. I also tried to correct the
'''writelines()''' problem with '''input.encode(...)''', it worked in
some way, but after that the temporary .png files had 0 length, so the
plugin didn't work either.

So, unicode strings in trac 0.10 seem to mess up everything.
Unfortunately, I don't know graphviz and the plugin good enough to
correct the problem myself. By the way, if you only use ascii
characters in the graphviz macro definition, everything works.

Istvan

stev...@hotmail.com

Sep 6, 2006, 2:40:46 AM9/6/06
to Trac Users

> #690: GraphvizMacro.render_macro UnicodeDecodeError thrown
> -------------------+--------------------------------------------------------
> Reporter: pkropf | Owner: pkropf
> Type: defect | Status: new
> Comment (by pkropf):
>
> Can you attached a sample dot file that causes the problem?

I didn't get through the spam filter this time either, so here is a
sample that should reproduce the problem:

graph G1 {
node [shape=box, orientation=0, fontsize=16, color=blue];
edge [fontsize=6 ]
hello [label="éáoúuöüä" URL=HelloUrl ];
}