New code review plugin!

Matt Good

Nov 13, 2008, 4:43:36 PM11/13/08
to Trac Users
After sitting on this for far too long, I've finally opened up the
Trac code review plugin I wrote for YouTube:
http://projects.matt-good.net/trac/gvntrac

Quick word of warning: this is not a general-purpose tool. It
requires you to use the GVN client for Subversion:
http://code.google.com/p/gvn/

GVN is a wrapper to the standard SVN client that adds a few commands
for creating "change branches". A change branch is kind of like a
light-weight version of a normal SVN branch. You still work inside
your regular checkout of the trunk (or other primary SVN branch), but
GVN lets you "snapshot" your local changes in a separate branch
without the normal hassle of SVN branching and merging. When you're
done "gvn submit" will commit them back to trunk and delete the change
branch.

GvnTrac ties together GVN and Trac by allowing you to review these
change branches before they're submitted, commenting on specific
lines, and also uses the GVN properties to link between changes and
their reviews.

-- Matt