Where is trac.fcgi?

Casey Raymondson

Mar 11, 2008, 6:25:56 PM3/11/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com

I recently installed Trac (through setuptools) on CentOS 5.0.  I currently have two project environments set up.  I originally set it up to use mod_python, but after getting some difficult to diagnose segfaults I decided to try FastCGI instead.  I installed mod_fastcgi from source, then started following the instructions on the TracFastCgi wiki page.  However, the wiki page mentions a file called trac.fcgi, but I don’t have a file with this name anywhere on my system.

[root@SVN trac_install]# updatedb

[root@SVN trac_install]# locate trac.fcgi

[root@SVN trac_install]# locate *.fcgi

[root@SVN trac_install]# locate trac.cgi

[root@SVN trac_install]#

Is trac.fcgi supposed to be part of the trac install or environment?  Am I supposed to create this file?

Here are my installed versions of components:

Trac 0.11b1

Mod_fastcgi 2.4.6

Mod_python 3.3.1

Apache 2.2.3

PySqlite 2.4.1

Subversion 1.4.2

Sqlite 3.3.6

Python 2.5.1

Thanks for any help,

Casey

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

Mar 12, 2008, 5:14:19 AM3/12/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
-On [20080311 23:48], Casey Raymondson (casey.ra...@m4-engineering.com) wrote:
>However, the wiki page mentions a file called trac.fcgi, but I don’t have a
>file with this name anywhere on my system.

Sounds like 0.10 documentation. It's within the egg and called
fcgi_frontend.py.

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Nothing yet from nothing ever came...

Casey Raymondson

Mar 12, 2008, 1:24:46 PM3/12/08
to Trac Users
On Mar 12, 2:14 am, Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmo...@in-
nomine.org> wrote:
> Sounds like 0.10 documentation. It's within the egg and called
> fcgi_frontend.py.

Is there documentation for 0.11 fastcgi setup anywhere? I thought the
wiki was the place to look for that.

Casey