post commit update custom field?

yoh...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2008, 11:24:23 AM12/12/08
to Trac Users
hi all

is there an example somewhere out there if a post commit updating
something other than the comment section? I can't seem to find it. I
want to update a custom field if possible.

on a related note, what is needed to put wiki mark-up in a custom
field, or just a traclink for that matter?

I am thinking about a link to a revision version when a fix gets
merged for the purpose of "fixes in this release" type searching. Can
a text area custom filed take wiki formatting?

thanks

Remy Blank

Dec 12, 2008, 6:16:48 PM12/12/08
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
> on a related note, what is needed to put wiki mark-up in a custom
> field, or just a traclink for that matter?

You need to install from trunk, which supports custom fields with
wikiformatting since [7563].

> I am thinking about a link to a revision version when a fix gets
> merged for the purpose of "fixes in this release" type searching. Can
> a text area custom filed take wiki formatting?

Yes, add the following line (replacing "my_field" with your field name)
to your [ticket-custom] section in trac.ini:

my_field.format = wiki

-- Remy

signature.asc

Stodge

Feb 2, 2009, 7:36:25 AM2/2/09
to Trac Users
Any ideas when this will be released?
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Remy Blank

Feb 2, 2009, 1:09:54 PM2/2/09
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Stodge wrote:
> Any ideas when this will be released?

According to the roadmap, about 6 weeks ago :-/

-- Remy

signature.asc

Stodge

Feb 3, 2009, 7:00:00 AM2/3/09
to Trac Users
If you mean this - http://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/7563 - it was
fixed a while ago, but not "released".
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

Remy Blank

Jul 14, 2009, 4:54:19 PM7/14/09
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
(Please keep discussions on the list)

fhs wrote:
> I am running 0.11.3 which I beleive contains [7563] identified in
> Ticket#1791. I do not see how I can define a textarea field to allow
> for wiki mark up using the Web Admin. Do you know if this new
> functionality is supposed to be available via the Web Admin or only by
> manually updating the [ticket-custom] .ini?

That's correct, the functionality was backported to 0.11.3. But there's
no web admin panel for configuring custom fields, so you'll have to edit
your trac.ini by hand.

-- Remy

signature.asc

osimons

Jul 14, 2009, 6:06:33 PM7/14/09
to Trac Users
If you want a web admin page for this I have updated the
CustomFieldAdmin plugin to support this setting. Grab the latest from
the 0.11 branch - see details:

http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/CustomFieldAdminPlugin

:::simon

https://www.coderesort.com

fhs

Jul 14, 2009, 6:00:07 PM7/14/09
to Trac Users
Thanks! You saved me continued time of trying to figure out something
that isn't broken. My current version of WebAdmin does allow me to
manage the other field options (such as type, label, value, size).
Looks like I'll need to submit a feature request if I would like
WebAdmin to allow for mangement of the "format" option.

Frank