https reverting back to http on apache + mod_python

Jorge Vargas

Jan 25, 2007, 12:20:47 AM1/25/07
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I'm having an issue with https and http, I have set the base_url
variable under [trac] in trac.ini to the https URL. but at some point
it still gets redirected back to http

for example every time I submit a ticket update, trac does the
processing and it goes ok but then the redirection to
/ticket/1#comment:1 switches back to http, the same thing happens with
all the buttons on the tracadmin plugin. but it doesn't happens with
other buttons like the preview in tickets. All the other links are
redirecting correctly so I assume it's an issue with the POST calls.

this is my setup main apache running on port 80, second apache running
on a dedicated port with mod_python, and trac.

anyone has any idea of how to solve this?

paul

Jan 25, 2007, 6:21:43 AM1/25/07
to Trac Users

Hi,

This might be another symptom of http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/2553,
you can try my
https_post_redirect2.patch and see if it fixes your problem.

cheers
Paul

Jorge Vargas

Jan 25, 2007, 6:31:24 PM1/25/07
to trac-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Paul I have applied your patch and it seems to be working without
problems thank you very much!

Since this is mainly with posts I'll keep track of this during the
next week and post into the ticket so it gets applied to trunk.