Pretty URLs with mod_rewrite

Carsten Fuchs

Jan 7, 2010, 6:56:08 AM1/7/10
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Dear trac-devs,

sorry to bug you here, but I'm still looking for help with pretty Trac URLs with mod_rewrite as
described at

http://groups.google.com/group/trac-users/browse_thread/thread/7f4db979765c4472
and
http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/2299

So far, I unfortunately got no reply at trac-users and no reply from in...@edgewall.com.

As the work-around that I posted in comment 15 of ticket 2299 doesn't work with fcgi, and I'm
still very much interested in pretty URLs for Trac, could you please help me in the matter?
Alternatively, could you refer me to commercial Trac support?

Thank you very much, and best regards,
Carsten

--
Cafu - the open-source Game and Graphics Engine
for multiplayer, cross-platform, real-time 3D Action
Learn more at www.cafu.de

Remy Blank

Jan 7, 2010, 8:00:51 AM1/7/10
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carsten,

Carsten Fuchs wrote:
> So far, I unfortunately got no reply at trac-users and no reply from in...@edgewall.com.

I have been following your questions, but unfortunately I don't have a
solution using mod_rewrite. My Trac installations are set up using
<Location> sections and mod_python, so I don't know if this also applies
to fcgi. Here's one:

<Location "/dev">
SetHandler mod_python
PythonInterpreter main_interpreter
PythonHandler trac.web.modpython_frontend
PythonOption TracEnv /var/lib/trac/dev
PythonOption TracLocale "en_US.iso8859-1"
PythonOption PYTHON_EGG_CACHE /var/lib/trac/egg-cache
</Location>

This automatically gives nice URLs. Obviously, you need access to the
master Apache configuration, as <Location> is not supported in .htaccess
files. The same applies to solutions using ScriptAlias.

It seems like none of the developers have had to use mod_rewrite, and
nobody has contributed a solid fix. Sorry about that.

-- Remy

signature.asc

Carsten Fuchs

Jan 7, 2010, 8:48:30 PM1/7/10
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi Remy,

thank you very much for your reply! :-)

Am 07.01.2010 14:00, schrieb Remy Blank:
> This automatically gives nice URLs. Obviously, you need access to the
> master Apache configuration, as<Location> is not supported in .htaccess
> files. The same applies to solutions using ScriptAlias.

I asked my Trac hoster to make the appropriate change in the httpd.conf, and fortunately these
great guys implemented it very quickly - http://trac.cafu.de works perfectly with pretty URLs
now and I'm happy (and ready to continue with configuration and learning more about Trac). :-D

> It seems like none of the developers have had to use mod_rewrite, and
> nobody has contributed a solid fix. Sorry about that.

Yes... I'll thus leave http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/2299 in the reopened state. If I can
somehow help to get this fixed, just let me know please, I'd be happy to do whatever I can.

Again many thanks, and best regards,