4315

1 view

Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven

Feb 22, 2008, 9:03:21 AM2/22/08
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Does it make sense to keep http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4315 open?

I think that t.e.o. needs a balance between following trunk and staying
stable.

Would it make sense to update t.e.o. to trunk every 2 or 4 weeks? (Given the
load it would show us particular issues sooner than on many of our own
smaller installations.)

イェルーン ラウフロック ヴァン デル ウェルヴェン
http://www.in-nomine.org/ | http://www.rangaku.org/
Sadness over a bird killed, but no sadness over a fish killed. Lucky are
those with voices. - Ryokuu Saitou

Christian Boos

Feb 22, 2008, 9:27:53 AM2/22/08
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven wrote:
> Does it make sense to keep http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/4315 open?

I left that ticket open simply to avoid having someone to reopen it over
and over... That ticket is a bit useless in that it has anyway always
been the policy of the project to run the latest stable release. And
that works quite well in practice. I imagine t.e.o would already be
running 0.11b1 now, if we didn't have those memory issues. As for
documenting the blocker issues, doing that directly on the milestone
page is more effective anyway. So I'd say let's just not make a fuss
about this one and we'll close it once t.e.o gets upgraded to 0.11.

-- Christian