[RFC] Wiki Rename branch

Christian Boos

Jan 29, 2008, 6:43:09 AM1/29/08
to Trac Development
Hello,

After having been involved in the discussion revolving around the Wiki
rename feature, in ticket #1106, I had myself the need for that feature,
so I felt it was a good time to implement it.

You can find a brief summary of the design in the WikiRename page and
the corresponding set of changes in the wiki-rename sandbox, revision
r6420 through r6424. While this feature works quite fine as it is now,
the approach taken is compatible with further improvements, like link
rewriting (once that become possible), or real redirects.
There are also a few related changes that can be useful for other
features, like the `reparent_all` method for attachments which can be
used for resource consolidation (wiki page, ticket merging?).

Also, I've introduced a `transaction` db helper function which
simplifies the `handle_ta` logic which is duplicated in every data model
method.

Of course, this is all 0.12 material.

-- Christian