Trac 0.11.7 released, focus is now on 0.12

Christian Boos

Mar 10, 2010, 3:40:45 AM3/10/10
to Trac Development
Hello,

Today we released Trac 0.11.7 and baring any critical bug or security
issue found, this will likely be the last 0.11.x release.

We should now focus on getting 0.12 out of the door, and the first step
to this is to release a beta in the coming weeks. This is quite
realistic as only a handful of tickets remain assigned to 0.12, most of
them with patches.

Any kind of help is welcomed, for example:
- testing! exercise the stability of current trunk, run it in parallel
to your production site as an experimental playground
- documentation: native English speakers are more than welcomed to
proof-read the new documents found below [1]
- translations: except for a handful of languages, the coverage is not
that great, see the stats in [2] for an overview; strive to get your
native language to the top!
- plugins: we tried hard to maintain the documentation of unavoidable
API changes accurate in [3], but there are certainly things we missed;
please test and port if needed your favorite plugins to 0.12

Thanks for your attention,

-- Christian

[1] - Trac Guide for 0.12, http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/0.12
[2] - Translation statistics on Transifex,
http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/trac/c/default/
[3] - API changes in 0.12,
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/ApiChanges/0.12