Ticket notifications / ITicketChangeListener

Felix Schwarz

Jun 5, 2009, 12:06:42 PM6/5/09
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

why is the ticket email notification functionality not implemented as an
ITicketChangeListener?

Currently change notification needs to be called explicitely every time:
http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/trac/ticket/web_ui.py#L1026

Is there any reason why this is not implemented as a change listener? Is
it only because no one wrote a patch yet?

fs

Erik Bray

Jun 5, 2009, 1:15:36 PM6/5/09
to trac...@googlegroups.com

Though I can't specifically answer your question, that does seem like
the direction to go in. I've been using (a slightly modified version
of) the Announcer plugin for a few weeks ago, and it uses
ITicketChangeListener. Works fine. I imagine it would make sense to
make that part of any notification refactoring work.

Christian Boos

Jun 5, 2009, 1:15:55 PM6/5/09
to trac...@googlegroups.com

The notification system is simply *much* older than the
ITicketChangeListener and the plugin system (see ...
http://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/388). And yes, that's not an excuse
for not having migrated it to the new system... so a patch would be
quite welcomed ;-)

-- Christian