Development of Trac 0.11dev has started

1 view

Christian Boos

Oct 2, 2006, 12:53:55 PM10/2/06
to trac...@googlegroups.com

Hello fellow Trac developers,

A few days ago, 0.10 was released and r3804 marked the beginning of 0.11dev.
Today, I finished the initial steps of the migration to Genshi, and
cmlenz and I agreed that we should merge this on trunk rather sooner
than later, in order to further speed up the development of 0.11.

However, as we'd like to keep having a rather functional version on
trunk, some testing and feedback is welcomed. If no one sees big
problems with that, I'll proceed with the merge tomorrow. Minor issues
could as well be fixed after the merge, as 0.11dev is still in its very
early stages.

About 0.11 in general, it seems that no one objected to the summary of
the objectives I gave a few days ago, namely:
* Ditch ClearSilver in favor of Genshi for templating
* Timezone support and internal use of `datetime`
* Use setuptools for setup
* Integration of WebAdmin into core

So let's get this done ;)

Thank you for your attention,

-- Christian

Genshi - http://genshi.edgewall.org/
Trac's genshi branch - http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/sandbox/genshi

Emmanuel Blot

Oct 2, 2006, 1:06:09 PM10/2/06
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Quick question about this topic:

> * Use setuptools for setup
Is there any impact for debugging/developing?
I never "set up" Trac, I always run it from the original source tree.
Will this (non-)feature still be available ?

Cheers,
Manu

Christian Boos

Oct 2, 2006, 1:22:41 PM10/2/06
to trac...@googlegroups.com

Yes, with `python setup.py develop`.

-- Christian

Christopher Lenz

Oct 2, 2006, 5:06:57 PM10/2/06
to trac...@googlegroups.com
Am 02.10.2006 um 18:53 schrieb Christian Boos:
> Hello fellow Trac developers,
>
> A few days ago, 0.10 was released and r3804 marked the beginning of
> 0.11dev.
> Today, I finished the initial steps of the migration to Genshi, and
> cmlenz and I agreed that we should merge this on trunk rather sooner
> than later, in order to further speed up the development of 0.11.
>
> However, as we'd like to keep having a rather functional version on
> trunk, some testing and feedback is welcomed. If no one sees big
> problems with that, I'll proceed with the merge tomorrow. Minor issues
> could as well be fixed after the merge, as 0.11dev is still in its
> very
> early stages.
>
> About 0.11 in general, it seems that no one objected to the summary of
> the objectives I gave a few days ago, namely:
> * Ditch ClearSilver in favor of Genshi for templating
> * Timezone support and internal use of `datetime`
> * Use setuptools for setup
> * Integration of WebAdmin into core
>
> So let's get this done ;)

+1 (obviously ;-) )