Jing lets you make easy demo videos for free

Ken Burgin

Jul 29, 2007, 10:16:15 PM7/29/07
to Tourism Hospitality networkED (THED)
Jing http://www.jingproject.com/ (Win, Mac) - is a useful free program
that lets you quickly capture a picture or record a screencast of
anything on your desktop and instantly share it with others. Eg how to
set up a web feature, or how to use some software. Fast and convenient
- not as full-featured as Camtasia (from the same company) but that
one costs US$200!

Leigh Blackall

Jul 29, 2007, 10:55:20 PM7/29/07
to tourismhos...@googlegroups.com
this looks interesting Ken.. I wonder if this development is a result of the communication I was having with Camtasia a while ago..?
But I reckon the horse may have already bolted..
Many of us are using Camstudio (free open source screenrecorder) and loading the results to Youtube. Chuck a search in Youtube for any particular software or application you are trying to use and you'll find heaps of sreenrecorded demos.. here's the results for Camstudio, none for Jing Project yet..

LeighBlackall

Jul 29, 2007, 11:17:27 PM7/29/07
to Tourism Hospitality networkED (THED)
Thanks for teh heads up Ken. Have blogged this:
http://learnonline.wordpress.com/2007/07/30/jing-free-easy-and-almost-web-based-screenrecording/