Tortoise SVN and Overlays...

Mark

Apr 29, 2010, 8:14:27 AM4/29/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
yes ... I know: a boring question asked many many times, but I really can't solve it anymore!
So, the matter is that I have Windows 7 Pro and I recently upgraded my Tortoise SVN to the last version:

TortoiseSVN 1.6.8, Build 19260 - 64 Bit , 2010/04/16 20:20:11
Subversion 1.6.11,
apr 1.3.8
apr-utils 1.3.9
neon 0.29.3
OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
zlib 1.2.3

I've already read that overlays can be restricted by Windows, but I don't know why in previous version of Tortoise the overlays was showed correctly and when I upgraded Tortoise they disappared...

I've also tried to change registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers

leaving only one key and reboot but without success...
Then, I restored the originally registry, reboot and change the Status cache (Default - Shell - None) but no one of them resolve my problems.

Anyone has some ideas??

Thanks

Robin Guest

Apr 29, 2010, 9:08:47 AM4/29/10
On 29 April 2010 13:14, Mark <marco...@aesys.it> wrote:
[...]

Try a repair install of TSVN, followed by another reboot.

Mark

Apr 29, 2010, 10:34:27 AM4/29/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
OK!
Removed, rebooted, install the new version again, rebooted twice and now works!

Maybe the "update" mode of Tortoise doesn't work so much ... you have to remove your version before install the new one.
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2598919

Robin Guest

Apr 29, 2010, 10:43:32 AM4/29/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Yes, on this mailing list you will see many, many recent reports of this problem, specifically relating to upgrades to 1.6.8. And also the same solution given many times.

Simon Large

Apr 29, 2010, 10:56:36 AM4/29/10
On 29 April 2010 15:34, Mark <marco...@aesys.it> wrote:
> OK!
> Removed, rebooted, install the new version again, rebooted twice and now works!
>
> Maybe the "update" mode of Tortoise doesn't work so much ... you have to remove your version before install the new one.

It's a known issue (solution is on our download page, and in the FAQ)
which has since been addressed.

Simon

--
: ___