TortoiseSVN crashes during checkout after XP SP3 install

Michael

May 11, 2008, 8:25:45 AM5/11/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi all,

TortoiseSVN keeps crashing when trying to perform checkout after XP
SP3 was installed.
Tried several versions (current 1.4.8 , 1.5.0 RC2 and nightly build
from May 11th).
The repository is installed on Linux box with svn 1.3.2 (auth using
apache 2.0).
The crash is reported on msvcr80.dll (msvcr90.dll for later releases).
If trying to use svn command line client the crash occurs at the same
file but in libapr.dll

Everything works properly on all the computers where SP3 hasn't been
installed yet.

Stefan Küng

May 11, 2008, 9:48:08 AM5/11/08
Michael wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> TortoiseSVN keeps crashing when trying to perform checkout after XP
> SP3 was installed.
> Tried several versions (current 1.4.8 , 1.5.0 RC2 and nightly build
> from May 11th).
> The repository is installed on Linux box with svn 1.3.2 (auth using
> apache 2.0).
> The crash is reported on msvcr80.dll (msvcr90.dll for later releases).
> If trying to use svn command line client the crash occurs at the same
> file but in libapr.dll
>
> Everything works properly on all the computers where SP3 hasn't been
> installed yet.

I've analyzed your crashreport yesterday. The reason for this is that
the Windows date function returned a value > 12 for the month! Since
that's not really possible (at least not if the function returns without
an error code), I suspect your SP3 installation is messed up.
I've been using SP3 for three weeks now without any problems, neither
with TSVN, Subversion or any other application. So it can't really be
the SP3 if it was installed properly.
Try re-installing SP3 and check your locale settings (which affect the
time/date functions).

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

signature.asc

yasha

May 11, 2008, 5:42:03 PM5/11/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Stefan,

Thank you for reply.
We installed SP3 on 4 different computers. 3 computer at work and one
is my home computer. All computers have problems and all of them
worked frin before SP3 install.
I checked several programs (including the one we develop) that display
current date and they all show correct value.
Did Windows date function returned value of more then 12 for current
date/time or for the date of file it tried to get?
SVN brings several files but crashes on 7th or 8th.
I tried to get xercer trunk and it crashes after 10-15 files too.

Yakov

yasha

May 11, 2008, 6:32:29 PM5/11/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Stefan,

I solved the problem. It was due to incorrect settings in Jerusalem
day ligth saving registry. I don't know yet if it SP3 that made a
problem or it was done by our correction with TZEdit.exe a month ago
but the important thing that SVN works.
Thank you for your help.