Vista installation error: Assembly component

Ryan K

May 2, 2009, 12:55:56 AM5/2/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Every time I try to install TSVN I make it through the install and
then have the following problem:

http://www2.ryankaskel.com/misc/images/tort_install_error.png

I saw another post talking about a pending reboot but I'm not sure
what that means...

Cheers,
Ryan

Stefan Küng

May 2, 2009, 1:29:50 AM5/2/09
Ryan K wrote:
> Every time I try to install TSVN I make it through the install and
> then have the following problem:
>
> http://www2.ryankaskel.com/misc/images/tort_install_error.png
>
> I saw another post talking about a pending reboot but I'm not sure
> what that means...

a pending reboot means that you have to reboot before trying the
installation again, because you didn't reboot after a previous
installation which required a reboot.

Error 0x8007371B means ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE, in
plain text "One or more required members of the transaction are not
present."
That could also mean that your virus scanner interferred and blocked the
installation of that component (it's the c-runtime from MS, no reason to
block that).

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2025884

signature.asc

Ryan K

May 2, 2009, 3:59:31 AM5/2/09
On May 2, 1:29 am, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ryan K wrote:
> > Every time I try to install TSVN I make it through the install and
> > then have the following problem:
>
> >http://www2.ryankaskel.com/misc/images/tort_install_error.png
>
> > I saw another post talking about a pending reboot but I'm not sure
> > what that means...
>
> a pending reboot means that you have to reboot before trying the
> installation again, because you didn't reboot after a previous
> installation which required a reboot.
>
> Error 0x8007371B means ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE, in
> plain text "One or more required members of the transaction are not
> present."
> That could also mean that your virus scanner interferred and blocked the
> installation of that component (it's the c-runtime from MS, no reason to
> block that).

I turned off my antivirus software after rebooting and attempted to
install but the same error occurred. What else might be missing from
the transaction and are there any log files to show you to help me
figure this one out?

Cheers,
Ryan

> Stefan
>
> --
>        ___
>   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
>  (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
>    \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
>    /_/   \_\    http://tortoisesvn.net
>

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2027320

Stefan Küng

May 2, 2009, 4:02:38 AM5/2/09
Ryan K wrote:
> On May 2, 1:29 am, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ryan K wrote:
>>> Every time I try to install TSVN I make it through the install and
>>> then have the following problem:
>>> http://www2.ryankaskel.com/misc/images/tort_install_error.png
>>> I saw another post talking about a pending reboot but I'm not sure
>>> what that means...
>> a pending reboot means that you have to reboot before trying the
>> installation again, because you didn't reboot after a previous
>> installation which required a reboot.
>>
>> Error 0x8007371B means ERROR_SXS_TRANSACTION_CLOSURE_INCOMPLETE, in
>> plain text "One or more required members of the transaction are not
>> present."
>> That could also mean that your virus scanner interferred and blocked the
>> installation of that component (it's the c-runtime from MS, no reason to
>> block that).
>
> I turned off my antivirus software after rebooting and attempted to
> install but the same error occurred. What else might be missing from
> the transaction and are there any log files to show you to help me
> figure this one out?

Depending on your antivirus, "turning off" might not really turn it off,
at least not completely.

you can run the installation like this:
msiexec /i TortoiseSVN....msi /log logfile.txt

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2027337

signature.asc

Anderson Cardoso

May 28, 2009, 10:06:47 AM5/28/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org, Stefan Küng
Hello,

I am having the same problem, there is solution?

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2356167