Out Of memory on checkin

luke

May 19, 2009, 1:26:36 PM5/19/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi,

I tried to check in the boost 1.39.0 source tree into a newly created
private svn repository and got an out of memory exception on the
commit.

Data:
tortoisesvn client version (OS: WIN XP SP3):
TortoiseSVN 1.6.2, Build 16344 - 32 Bit , 2009/05/09 13:46:29
Subversion 1.6.2,
apr 1.3.3
apr-utils 1.3.4
neon 0.28.4
OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
zlib 1.2.3

Server version subversion 1.6.1 + apache 2.2.4

Communication is over the http protocol.

I had the same behaviour with tortoisesvn version 1.6.1.

Any idea whats wrong?

Thanks for your help
Luke

Simon Large

May 19, 2009, 5:14:47 PM5/19/09
2009/5/19 luke <lukas....@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to check in the boost 1.39.0 source tree into a newly created
> private svn repository and got an out of memory exception on the
> commit.
>
> Data:
> tortoisesvn client version (OS: WIN XP SP3):
> TortoiseSVN 1.6.2, Build 16344 - 32 Bit , 2009/05/09 13:46:29
> Subversion 1.6.2,
> apr 1.3.3
> apr-utils 1.3.4
> neon 0.28.4
> OpenSSL 0.9.8k 25 Mar 2009
> zlib 1.2.3
>
> Server version subversion 1.6.1 + apache 2.2.4
>
> Communication is over the http protocol.
>
> I had the same behaviour with tortoisesvn version 1.6.1.
>
> Any idea whats wrong?

Do you mean that TortoiseSVN generated the exception, or the svn server?

Can you try using the subversion command line client and see if it
gives the same fault?

Simon

--
: ___
: oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2319537

luke

May 20, 2009, 1:19:01 AM5/20/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi,

> Do you mean that TortoiseSVN generated the exception, or the svn server?

The exception was generated by toirtoise svn.

> Can you try using the subversion command line client and see if it
> gives the same fault?

The command line client has the same behaviour i tested that as well.

Already on smaller checkins I can see a rapid increase of memory
usage.

Any help appreciated.

Lukas

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2325039

Simon Large

May 20, 2009, 4:56:36 AM5/20/09
2009/5/20 luke <lukas....@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
>> Do you mean that TortoiseSVN generated the exception, or the svn server?
>
> The exception was generated by toirtoise svn.
>

>> Can you try using the subversion command line client and see if it
>> gives the same fault?
>
> The command line client has the same behaviour i tested that as well.
>
> Already on smaller checkins I can see a rapid increase of memory
> usage.

If the command line client does the same the the problem is in the
subversion library, not TortoiseSVN. You need to report this on the
subversion users mailing list (users at subversion dot tigris dot org)

Simon

--
: ___
: oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
: (_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
: \ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
: /_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2327498

luke

May 20, 2009, 6:13:42 AM5/20/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Simon,

> If the command line client does the same the the problem is in the
> subversion library, not TortoiseSVN. You need to report this on the
> subversion users mailing list (users at subversion dot tigris dot org)

Ok thanks I posted it there:
http://subversion.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=1065&dsMessageId=2327737

Lukas

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2328174