Windows 7 - entries - The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

David Turner

Jan 14, 2010, 2:58:05 AM1/14/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
A few people have raised this: a check-out on Windows 7 often fails because entries is unreadable.  This is caused by antivirus software and/or Windows indexing services competing for file locks.  It's fairly easy to reproduce with a large repository on Windows 7 if you have antivirus software and are checking out into an indexed folder.

Obviously those of us in a corporate environment don't have the option of disabling our antivirus software.

Is it possible to keep entries open with exclusive access for the duration of the move from tmp/entries to entries?

Simon Large

Jan 14, 2010, 4:08:26 AM1/14/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
2010/1/14 David Turner <dktu...@gmail.com>:

Access to the contents of the .svn directory is handled within the
subversion library. You would have to ask for this on the Subversion
users mailing list instead.

Coincidentally I added an entry to the TortoiseSVN FAQ about this last night.
http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/faq.html#cantmove2

Simon

--
: ___
: oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

Bert Huijben

Feb 3, 2010, 10:04:37 AM2/3/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
> Coincidentally I added an entry to the TortoiseSVN FAQ about this last night.
> http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/faq.html#cantmove2

See also http://tinyurl.com/w7corrupt for a simple tool reproducing this issue.

Bert

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=2444477