can't view log on certain directories

Kenny

Apr 17, 2009, 5:30:44 AM4/17/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
When I try to show log on certain directories in my checkout with
tortoise, I get an error telling me that "There has been a problem
contacting the server. Do you want to see the cached data
instead? ...etc". On other directories, I can view the logs just
fine. Viewing the logs works fine for any directory if I use the
command-line client. Other users here using tortoise 1.6.1 have the
same issue.

Stefan Küng

Apr 17, 2009, 10:18:30 AM4/17/09
Kenny wrote:
> When I try to show log on certain directories in my checkout with
> tortoise, I get an error telling me that "There has been a problem
> contacting the server. Do you want to see the cached data
> instead? ...etc". On other directories, I can view the logs just
> fine. Viewing the logs works fine for any directory if I use the
> command-line client. Other users here using tortoise 1.6.1 have the
> same issue.

* version of TSVN?
* version of svn server?
* protocol used to access the server? (http/svn/file/...)

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1768470

signature.asc

Kenny

Apr 17, 2009, 4:12:32 PM4/17/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
TortoiseSVN 1.6.1, Build 16129 - 64 Bit
server is 1.6.1
protocol is http

On Apr 17, 9:18 am, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kenny wrote:
> > When I try to show log on certain directories in my checkout with
> > tortoise, I get an error telling me that "There has been a problem
> > contacting the server. Do you want to see the cached data
> > instead? ...etc".  On other directories, I can view the logs just
> > fine.  Viewing the logs works fine for any directory if I use the
> > command-line client.  Other users here using tortoise 1.6.1 have the
> > same issue.
>
> * version of TSVN?
> * version of svn server?
> * protocol used to access the server? (http/svn/file/...)
>
> Stefan
>
> --
>        ___
>   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
>  (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
>    \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
>    /_/   \_\    http://tortoisesvn.net
>

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1774083

Stefan Küng

Apr 17, 2009, 4:20:29 PM4/17/09
On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 22:12, Kenny <kfri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> TortoiseSVN 1.6.1, Build 16129 - 64 Bit
> server is 1.6.1
> protocol is http
>
> On Apr 17, 9:18 am, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kenny wrote:
>> > When I try to show log on certain directories in my checkout with
>> > tortoise, I get an error telling me that "There has been a problem
>> > contacting the server. Do you want to see the cached data
>> > instead? ...etc".  On other directories, I can view the logs just
>> > fine.  Viewing the logs works fine for any directory if I use the
>> > command-line client.  Other users here using tortoise 1.6.1 have the
>> > same issue.
>>
>> * version of TSVN?
>> * version of svn server?
>> * protocol used to access the server? (http/svn/file/...)

I've tried several folders in several working copies I have. All work
just fine. Including folders with special chars, folders with spaces,

Disable the log cache in the settings dialog.
Does it work now?
If yes, please clear the log cache.
If it starts to happen again, check whether your repositories all have
different UUIDs.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1774182

Kenny

Apr 17, 2009, 5:16:06 PM4/17/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
If I disable log caching, I no longer get the connection error when
attempting to view the log, but all the log window has in it is the
"200 OK" message. If I then hit refresh, then all the log entries
show up. Clearing the log cache doesn't change this behavior.

On Apr 17, 3:20 pm, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1775035

Stefan Küng

Apr 17, 2009, 5:19:19 PM4/17/09
Kenny wrote:
> If I disable log caching, I no longer get the connection error when
> attempting to view the log, but all the log window has in it is the
> "200 OK" message. If I then hit refresh, then all the log entries
> show up. Clearing the log cache doesn't change this behavior.

Use the command line client (version 1.6.1) and do
$ svn info -v path/to/directory
$ svn info -v url/to/repository

I guess you'll get the same error there too.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1775137

signature.asc

Kenny

Apr 17, 2009, 5:58:44 PM4/17/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
No errors with those commands. Repo browser and everything else works
fine in the GUI and command line clients as well.

On Apr 17, 4:19 pm, Stefan Küng <tortoise...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kenny wrote:
> > If I disable log caching, I no longer get the connection error when
> > attempting to view the log, but all the log window has in it is the
> > "200 OK" message.  If I then hit refresh, then all the log entries
> > show up.  Clearing the log cache doesn't change this behavior.
>
> Use the command line client (version 1.6.1) and do
> $ svn info -v path/to/directory
> $ svn info -v url/to/repository
>
> I guess you'll get the same error there too.
>
> Stefan
>
> --
>        ___
>   oo  // \\      "De Chelonian Mobile"
>  (_,\/ \_/ \     TortoiseSVN
>    \ \_/_\_/>    The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
>    /_/   \_\    http://tortoisesvn.net
>

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1775731

Stefan Küng

Apr 18, 2009, 4:28:16 AM4/18/09
Kenny wrote:
> No errors with those commands. Repo browser and everything else works
> fine in the GUI and command line clients as well.

Do you have an idea what's different on the directories where those
commands don't work?

Stefan

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and mailing lists?

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1785262

signature.asc