Upgrading to 1.6.1 error on Zend Studio Eclipse with Native JavaHL 1.5.4 connector

Olagato

Apr 10, 2009, 9:08:30 AM4/10/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I've just tried Visual SVN Server 1.7 with the new Tortoise SVN 1.6.1.
It's still failing both applications with Zend Studio for Eclipse
6.1.1:
These errors are being reported with different connectors when
updating a repository:

Update Error SVN Kit/1.5.5:
Some resources were not updated.
svn: Path 'https://Txus:8443/svn/guis/ofertas/cdr' is not
canonicalized; there is a problem with the client.
svn: REPORT of '/svn/guis/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (https://
Txus:8443)

Update Error con Native JavaHL 1.5.4 r33841:
Some resources were not updated.
No error
svn: Path 'https://Txus:8443/svn/guis/ofertas/cdr' is not
canonicalized; there is a problem with the client.

Maybe it's a problem from the Eclipse connectors but I don't know.

Unistalling both Visual SVN Server 1.7 and Tortoise SVN 1.6.1 and
installing old versions Visual SVN Server 1.6.3 and Tortoise SVN 1.5.9
everything works fine.

More info: http://groups.google.com/group/visualsvn/browse_thread/thread/279f84037a058345?lnk=igtc

Stefan Küng

Apr 10, 2009, 9:30:54 AM4/10/09
Olagato wrote:
> I've just tried Visual SVN Server 1.7 with the new Tortoise SVN 1.6.1.
> It's still failing both applications with Zend Studio for Eclipse
> 6.1.1:
> These errors are being reported with different connectors when
> updating a repository:
>
> Update Error SVN Kit/1.5.5:
> Some resources were not updated.
> svn: Path 'https://Txus:8443/svn/guis/ofertas/cdr' is not
> canonicalized; there is a problem with the client.
> svn: REPORT of '/svn/guis/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request (https://
> Txus:8443)

SVNKit is not officially supported by svn.

> Update Error con Native JavaHL 1.5.4 r33841:
> Some resources were not updated.
> No error
> svn: Path 'https://Txus:8443/svn/guis/ofertas/cdr' is not
> canonicalized; there is a problem with the client.

the url is wrong: you must change the domain part of the url to
lowercase. The client should take care of that for you, as the error
message indicates.

> Maybe it's a problem from the Eclipse connectors but I don't know.
>
> Unistalling both Visual SVN Server 1.7 and Tortoise SVN 1.6.1 and
> installing old versions Visual SVN Server 1.6.3 and Tortoise SVN 1.5.9
> everything works fine.

TortoiseSVN is a client only. If you have problems with the VisualSVN
server, please report them to the VisualSVN and/or Zend Studio team.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1630930

signature.asc

Olagato

Apr 10, 2009, 4:31:42 PM4/10/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
SOLVED:
Initially my url path was: https://Txus:8443/svn/guis/ofertas/cdr
In Zend Studio for Eclipse 6.1.1, just change the url of all projects
to lowercase: https://txus:8443/svn/guis/ofertas/cdr
Now Visual SVN Server 1.7 and the new Tortoise SVN 1.6.1. are working
fine.
Thank you Stefan !

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

>  signature.asc
> < 1 KBVerDescargar

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1635528

Olagato

Apr 11, 2009, 8:02:15 AM4/11/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I've had to change my PC Name in Windows XP as well (MyPC: properties:
Computer Name)
Put it in lowercase, restart PC, uninstall both Visual SVN Server 1.7
and SVN 1.6.1 and delete folder C:/Repositories.
Then restart PC again an reinstall Visual SVN Server 1.7 and SVN
1.6.1.

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1647863

Olagato

Apr 11, 2009, 4:54:14 PM4/11/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Well, first commits went OK but I'm still getting this error when
commiting:

Some of selected resources were not committed.
Failed to execute WebDAV PROPPATCH
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
RA layer request failed
svn: Error setting property 'log':
Could not execute PROPPATCH.

I think I will return to Visual SVN Server 1.6.3 and Tortoise SVN
1.5.9.

Environment: Windows XP, Visual SVN Server 1.7, Tortoise SVN 1.6.1,
Zend Studio for Eclipse 6.1.1 (Native Java HL 1.5.4 connector)

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1655249

Stefan Küng

Apr 11, 2009, 5:34:19 PM4/11/09
Olagato wrote:
> Well, first commits went OK but I'm still getting this error when
> commiting:
>
> Some of selected resources were not committed.
> Failed to execute WebDAV PROPPATCH
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged
> RA layer request failed
> svn: Error setting property 'log':
> Could not execute PROPPATCH.
>
> I think I will return to Visual SVN Server 1.6.3 and Tortoise SVN
> 1.5.9.
>
> Environment: Windows XP, Visual SVN Server 1.7, Tortoise SVN 1.6.1,
> Zend Studio for Eclipse 6.1.1 (Native Java HL 1.5.4 connector)

For the reading impaired, again:

TortoiseSVN is a client only. If you have problems with the VisualSVN
server, please report them to the VisualSVN and/or Zend Studio team.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1655884

signature.asc

Olagato

Apr 12, 2009, 1:39:49 AM4/12/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Sorry ....so, this seems to be an issue with the SVN server 1.7 !
I posted this error here because I dont know exactly where the problem
is ....the client, the server, the connector, eclipse ???
To whom it may interest, I'll follow it here:
http://groups.google.com/group/visualsvn/browse_thread/thread/279f84037a058345?lnk=igtc#
Thank you Stefan.

> ------------------------------------------------------http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMess...

>  signature.asc
> < 1 KBVerDescargar

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1662626

Stefan Küng

Apr 12, 2009, 2:38:46 AM4/12/09
Olagato wrote:
> Sorry ....so, this seems to be an issue with the SVN server 1.7 !
> I posted this error here because I dont know exactly where the problem
> is ....the client, the server, the connector, eclipse ???
> To whom it may interest, I'll follow it here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/visualsvn/browse_thread/thread/279f84037a058345?lnk=igtc#
> Thank you Stefan.

So it appears to be a bug in Subclipse which doesn't ensure that
properties are in utf8 with only LF lineendings.

I checked the TSVN code and as far as I can see, TSVN does that check
everywhere, so you should be fine with TSVN.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1663375

signature.asc

Olagato

Apr 12, 2009, 11:13:19 AM4/12/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Thank you for the information, Stefan !
I've returned to old version 1.6.4 of Visual SVN Server....it's
working fine now with your new client Tortoise SVN 1.6.1 and Zend
Studio for Eclipse 6.1.1 (Java HL 1.5.4 connector)
In summary I've had to change my PC Name in Windows XP (MyPC:
properties: Computer Name) Put all my repositories URLs to lowercase
in my projects in Zend Studio for Eclipse 6.1.1, restart PC, uninstall
both Visual SVN Server 1.7 and SVN 1.6.1 and finally delete folder C:/
Repositories.
Then restart PC again an reinstall Visual SVN Server 1.6.4 and TSVN
1.6.1.

I've posted this issue to Eclipse team to whom it may be interested
in:
http://www.eclipse.org/newsportal/article.php?id=1158&group=eclipse.technology.subversive#1158

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1670508