Problem occurs when export Compare revisions

Will 保哥

Sep 5, 2008, 2:04:34 AM9/5/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi,

I was read this article ( Using TortoiseSVN to Export Only New/Modified Files ).  This functionality is exactly I want.  But there is a defect when I exporting these files in "Changed file" dialog when using Compare revisions if the filename contains some non-ASCII ( UTF-8 ) characters.

There are two possible results:

1. Error occurred with the message: "The System Cannot Find the Path Specified".

2. There are some of the Non-ASCII filename can be exported, but the filename will be URLEncoded that is wrong. For example, this filename "專案管理.mm" when become "%E5%B0%88%E6%A1%88%E7%AE%A1%E7%90%86.mm".

Does anyone know how to patch this problem?

Best regards,
Will

Will 保哥

Sep 5, 2008, 2:19:31 AM9/5/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
By the way, here is my version information:

TortoiseSVN 1.5.3, Build 13783 - 32 Bit , 2008/08/30 20:59:46
Subversion 1.5.2,
apr 1.2.12
apr-utils 1.2.12
berkeley db 4.4.20
neon 0.28.3
OpenSSL 0.9.8g 19 Oct 2007
zlib 1.2.3

Best regards,
Will

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 5, 2008, 12:11:09 PM9/5/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was read this article ( Using TortoiseSVN to Export Only New/Modified
> Files
> <http://www.verysimple.com/blog/2007/09/06/using-tortoisesvn-to-export-only-newmodified-files/>

> ). This functionality is exactly I want. But there is a defect when I
> exporting these files in "Changed file" dialog when using Compare
> revisions if the filename contains some non-ASCII ( UTF-8 ) characters.
>
> There are two possible results:
>
> 1. Error occurred with the message: "The System Cannot Find the Path
> Specified".
>
> 2. There are some of the Non-ASCII filename can be exported, but the
> filename will be URLEncoded that is wrong. For example, this filename "
> 專案管理.mm <http://xn--rety8zx7irth.mm>" when become
> "%E5%B0%88%E6%A1%88%E7%AE%A1%E7%90%86.mm <http://86.mm>".

> Does anyone know how to patch this problem?

Fixed in r13831 and r13833.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 7, 2008, 9:36:33 PM9/7/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I have tried "TortoiseSVN 1.5.99, Build 13847 - 32 Bit -dev, 2008/09/06 19:32:31", but these two problems still exists.  Can you check it out?  Thanks!

By the way, the folder name and filename are all contains Non-ASCII characters.

Best regards,
Will

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 8, 2008, 1:22:48 AM9/8/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I have tried "TortoiseSVN 1.5.99, Build 13847 - 32 Bit -dev, 2008/09/06
> 19:32:31", but these two problems still exists. Can you check it out?
> Thanks!
>
> By the way, the folder name and filename are all contains Non-ASCII
> characters.

if the problems are still there, then please provide detailed
information on how I can reproduce them:
* exact urls and revisions you're comparing
* exact file/foldernames listed in the dialog
* exact file/foldernames when they're exported
* your exact steps you use for exporting (starting from the first
right-click in explorer, going through all dialogs of TSVN)

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 8, 2008, 2:12:40 AM9/8/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I have built a repository for you so that you can reproduce the problem.  See the attachment.

You can compare rev.1 and rev.3 that there are 2 files in FileDiff dialog.

1. 專案管理目錄/相關網站位址.txt Added
2. 目錄說明.txt Added

As above file list, the first file can not be exported. The second file can be exported successfully but the filename had not been unescaped.

Best regards,
Will

2008/9/8 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>
SVNRepository.zip

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 8, 2008, 12:02:22 PM9/8/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I have built a repository for you so that you can reproduce the problem.
> See the attachment.
>
> You can compare rev.1 and rev.3 that there are 2 files in FileDiff dialog.
>
> 1. 專案管理目錄/相關網站位址.txt Added
> 2. 目錄說明.txt Added
>
> As above file list, the first file can not be exported. The second file
> can be exported successfully but the filename had not been unescaped.

Thanks for the test repo.
Unfortunately, it works for me. I can export both files just fine.

How are the files exported on your machine (i.e., what are the names the
files have after exporting)?

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 8, 2008, 12:29:28 PM9/8/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

Oh, no!  It's truly weird.  I was installed the nightly build from here: http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/win32/

I do installed and restarted the computer to check this out.  Is this url the right location to download the latest TortoiseSVN?

The file name "目錄說明.txt" I exported is become "%E7%9B%AE%E9%8C%84%E8%AA%AA%E6%98%8E.txt".

Best regards,
Will

Will 保哥

Sep 8, 2008, 12:39:22 PM9/8/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I thought one thing ... I usually install the new version without uninstall the old version.  Is the installation procedure correct?

Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 8, 2008, 12:48:25 PM9/8/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Oh, no! It's truly weird. I was installed the nightly build from
> here: http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/win32/
>
> I do installed and restarted the computer to check this out. Is this
> url the right location to download the latest TortoiseSVN?

Yes, that's the right location for the latest nightly builds (for 32-bit
OS - if you use an x64 OS, go to
http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/x64 )

> The file name "目錄說明.txt" I exported is become
> "%E7%9B%AE%E9%8C%84%E8%AA%AA%E6%98%8E.txt".

That's very strange. Line 703 in FileDiffDlg.cpp unescapes the url to
create the target save path. That change was committed in r13831. So it
really should work correctly.

I have no idea why it doesn't work for you.

signature.asc

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 8, 2008, 12:49:04 PM9/8/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> I thought one thing ... I usually install the new version without
> uninstall the old version. Is the installation procedure correct?

I also just run the installer without uninstalling the old versions
first. I never had problems with that.

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 8, 2008, 9:09:53 PM9/8/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

See as attachment image.  The folder name are correct, but any files that contains non-ASCII characters are not able to exported.   The files that contains non-ASCII characters in the root are able to exported but the filename will be escaped.

I really hope this problem can be resolved.  Thanks a lot, Stefan.

BR,

Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,

Screenshot-080909-090724.png

Will 保哥

Sep 9, 2008, 1:29:53 AM9/9/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I tried to install nightly build to another machine.  It works!!!!!!!

Sigh.... I just don't know why my machine goes wrong?

I think maybe some of the files been locked due to installation job can't complete overwrite old files!

Anyway, thanks for your support! :-)

BR,
Will

2008/9/9 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>

Will 保哥

Sep 9, 2008, 9:51:31 AM9/9/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I've been tried so many times for these days.  I just can't run it normally like you.

Do you have any clue?

I found one clue.  Do you know why my settings still exists after I totally uninstall TortoiseSVN?

BR,
Will

2008/9/9 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 9, 2008, 11:26:53 AM9/9/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I've been tried so many times for these days. I just can't run it
> normally like you.
>
> Do you have any clue?
>
> I found one clue. Do you know why my settings still exists after I
> totally uninstall TortoiseSVN?

The registry settings are kept so you don't have to change them every
time you upgrade TSVN.

When you uninstall TSVN, make sure that there are no more entries in the
programs panel. Sometimes TSVN shows up twice in there...

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 9, 2008, 11:46:05 AM9/9/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I do checked the TortoiseSVN folder in my C:\Program Files folder after uninstalled.  There is no more entires in the folder and also the Start Menu's entries are all gone too.  My TSVN never show up more than once before.

By the way, I saw many TortoiseSVN related entries in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\*.  For my laptop, I saw these entires.

{30351346-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{30351347-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{30351348-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{30351349-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{3035134A-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{3035134B-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{3035134C-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{3035134D-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{3035134E-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{3035134F-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
{30351350-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}

Do you know what's going on?  Is that possible cause me into this problem?

BR,
Will

2008/9/9 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 9, 2008, 11:47:45 AM9/9/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I do checked the TortoiseSVN folder in my C:\Program Files folder after
> uninstalled. There is no more entires in the folder and also the Start
> Menu's entries are all gone too. My TSVN never show up more than once
> before.
>
> By the way, I saw many TortoiseSVN related entries in
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\*. For my laptop, I saw these entires.
>
> {30351346-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {30351347-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {30351348-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {30351349-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {3035134A-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {3035134B-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {3035134C-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {3035134D-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {3035134E-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {3035134F-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
> {30351350-7B7D-4FCC-81B4-1E394CA267EB}
>
> Do you know what's going on? Is that possible cause me into this problem?

Those are the registration entries for the shell extension part of TSVN.

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 9, 2008, 11:52:07 AM9/9/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Do you have any way to delete all TSVN related registries?  I want to try this for my machine.  Hope can fix my problem for this strange TSVN problem.

Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 9, 2008, 12:02:57 PM9/9/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Do you have any way to delete all TSVN related registries? I want to
> try this for my machine. Hope can fix my problem for this strange TSVN
> problem.

Just uninstall TSVN, then delete the registry key
HKCU\Software\TortoiseSVN
and maybe the key
HKLM\Software\TortoiseSVN

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 9, 2008, 9:04:25 PM9/9/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I was tried.  It still no working. :-(

God .... Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Does anyone could provide me some/any clue?

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 10, 2008, 4:09:30 AM9/10/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> I was tried. It still no working. :-(
>
> God .... Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Asking something that does not exist to help you solve your problems
won't work :)

> Does anyone could provide me some/any clue?

Somehow I suspect that you still have an old version of TSVN lying
around which is used instead of the new version.
Try running TortoiseProc.exe directly (the new version you installed).
First just run
TortoiseProc.exe /command:about
and check the version.

Then, run
TortoiseProc.exe /command:log /path:"path/to/working/copy"

If that works (with the new version) then you definitely have an older
version lying around which is used instead.

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 10, 2008, 6:05:40 AM9/10/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Yes, I tried.  It still don't working.

Today, I tested more machines.

There is a machine that has already installed TortoiseSVN 1.5.0.  I uninstall it and reinstall the "TortoiseSVN-1.5.99.13886-dev-win32-svn-1.6.0-dev.msi" file.  ==> Bad Result.

Today, I tried another machine that newly install the "TortoiseSVN-1.5.99.13886-dev-win32-svn-1.6.0-dev.msi" file.  ==> Bad Result.

It's become more and more strange. It looks like this installer "TortoiseSVN-1.5.99.13886-dev-win32-svn-1.6.0-dev.msi" doesn't apply r13831 & r13833.

Can you tell me which exact "msi" installer do you use to install TSVN?

BR,
Will

2008/9/10 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 10, 2008, 11:44:24 AM9/10/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Yes, I tried. It still don't working.
>
> Today, I tested more machines.
>
> There is a machine that has already installed TortoiseSVN 1.5.0.
> <http://1.5.0.> I uninstall it and reinstall the

> "TortoiseSVN-1.5.99.13886-dev-win32-svn-1.6.0-dev.msi" file. ==> Bad
> Result.
>
> Today, I tried another machine that newly install the
> "TortoiseSVN-1.5.99.13886-dev-win32-svn-1.6.0-dev.msi" file. ==> Bad
> Result.
>
> It's become more and more strange. It looks like this
> installer "TortoiseSVN-1.5.99.13886-dev-win32-svn-1.6.0-dev.msi" doesn't
> apply r13831 & r13833.
>
> Can you tell me which exact "msi" installer do you use to install TSVN?

Did you try my suggestion on starting TortoiseProc directly from a
command line?

I tried it with a vanilla XP running in a virtual machine (plain XP, no
other applications installed, only all SP and windows updates).
Installed TortoiseSVN-1.5.99.13886-dev-win32-svn-1.6.0-dev.msi from
http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/latest/win32/ (the one which is
currently online).
Then I used the test repo you sent me earlier.

--> works without problems.

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 10, 2008, 9:08:28 PM9/10/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Yes, I tried using your way that starting TortoiseProc directly from a
command line
.

I'm using Windows XP SP3 and the language is Traditional Chinese.  Is that affect things?

2008/9/10 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>

Will 保哥

Sep 11, 2008, 6:21:10 AM9/11/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

Can you mail me the "TortoiseProc.exe" program?  Let me try your version out!

Note that remember rename the file extension name and mail to me.  Thanks!

BR,
Will

2008/9/10 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>

Will 保哥

Sep 11, 2008, 9:16:18 PM9/11/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I downloaded and run it manually.  The result is the same.  Here is the command I used:

D:\TortoiseProc.exe /command:showcompare /url1:"file:///g:/svn" /revision1:1 /url2:"file:///g:/svn" /revision2:3 /headpegrevision:HEAD /hwnd:396684

I doubt that is there any shared dll/exe/data or cached dll/exe/data or something wrong due to my machine can't execute normally?

Or can you give me your HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TortoiseSVN exported reg file?

BR,
Will

2008/9/11 Stefan Ku"ng <torto...@gmail.com>
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> Can you mail me the "TortoiseProc.exe" program?  Let me try your version
> out!
>
> Note that remember rename the file extension name and mail to me.  Thanks!

attached.

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 12, 2008, 10:12:14 AM9/12/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I downloaded and run it manually. The result is the same. Here is the
> command I used:
>
> D:\TortoiseProc.exe /command:showcompare /url1:"file:///g:/svn"
> /revision1:1 /url2:"file:///g:/svn" /revision2:3 /headpegrevision:HEAD
> /hwnd:396684
>
> I doubt that is there any shared dll/exe/data or cached dll/exe/data or
> something wrong due to my machine can't execute normally?

Seriously, I have no idea why it doesn't work for you. I've checked the
code now several times already and there isn't even something in that
part of the code which could be affected by regional or language
settings, or OS version. Also nothing that depends on custom registry
entries of TSVN.

> Or can you give me your HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TortoiseSVN exported
> reg file?

Just remove the registry key. That will have TSVN start up as if it were
the first time, with all the default settings.

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 14, 2008, 9:24:44 PM9/14/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I finally found the problem how it happen!!!

When I export files to Root Directory ( for example, C:\ , D:\ , or G:\ ), the problem show up!!

When I export files to other than Root Directory ( for example, C:\Temp, D:\Projects, ... ), everything goes fine.

I think this clue should help you to find out the exact problem.

BR,
Will

Stefan Ku"ng

Sep 15, 2008, 11:54:45 AM9/15/08
Will 保哥 wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I finally found the problem how it happen!!!
>
> When I export files to Root Directory ( for example, C:\ , D:\ , or G:\
> ), the problem show up!!
>
> When I export files to other than Root Directory ( for example, C:\Temp,
> D:\Projects, ... ), everything goes fine.
>
> I think this clue should help you to find out the exact problem.

Yep, that was it!
Thanks for not giving up!

Fixed in r13969, backported to 1.5.x in r13970.

signature.asc

Will 保哥

Sep 16, 2008, 6:35:10 AM9/16/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org