Portion of URL Escaped Twice

David Lilienthal

May 6, 2010, 4:10:05 PM5/6/10
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I have found that URL's are being generated with folder names that are escape encoded twice. This came to my attention when trying to use the Repo-browser to delete a folder from a repository. Folder names containing spaces cannot be removed because the space characters are escape encoded twice: " " -> "%20" -> "%2520". The repository name *can* contain spaces, as these are encoded correctly.

Example:
Trying to delete the folder "this has spaces" from the repository "my repo" results in an error message similar to the following...

URL 'svn://server/my%20repo/this%2520has%2520spaces' does not exist

This occurs under 1.6.8.19260 as well as 1.6.8.19340. I was recently using the 1.6.6.x release, but I cannot say whether that version had the problem. I can say that the 1.6.4.x release definitely did not have the problem.

Stefan Küng

May 9, 2010, 5:09:37 AM5/9/10
On 06.05.2010 22:10, David Lilienthal wrote:
> I have found that URL's are being generated with folder names that
> are escape encoded twice. This came to my attention when trying to
> use the Repo-browser to delete a folder from a repository. Folder
> names containing spaces cannot be removed because the space
> characters are escape encoded twice: " " -> "%20" -> "%2520". The
> repository name *can* contain spaces, as these are encoded
> correctly.
>
> Example: Trying to delete the folder "this has spaces" from the
> repository "my repo" results in an error message similar to the
> following...
>
> URL 'svn://server/my%20repo/this%2520has%2520spaces' does not exist
>
> This occurs under 1.6.8.19260 as well as 1.6.8.19340. I was recently
> using the 1.6.6.x release, but I cannot say whether that version had
> the problem. I can say that the 1.6.4.x release definitely did not
> have the problem.

This is a bug in the svn library that got recently introduced.
It's fixed already and awaits dev votes to get included in the next release.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"