Post Reference : Vista, SSH and SVN 1.5 Ben Triplett (2008-07-12 01:17:22 CEST)

Ben ST AFFRIQUE

Jul 18, 2008, 7:04:19 AM7/18/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hello,

I found the post Vista, SSH and SVN 1.5 Ben Triplett (2008-07-12 01:17:22 CEST) on http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-07/  corresponding at my problem.

I was asking Ben triplett directly qnd he told me to install the latest version coming from
http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/1.5.x/win32

That's what I done but now I have a new problem very strange.
When I use the chekout command and I order my URL, the result is anormal :
my address is for example svn+ssh://testben/repos
and tortoise try to connect to the url :
'C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\Temp\svn+ssh:\testben/repos'

I don't know from where coming from this : C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\Temp\
And I don't know how to debug this.

See the screenshot.

I try to reinstall and reinstall again but this is always the same.

Have you got an idea ???

Thank you

Benjamin

screenshotSVN.jpg

Pat Parslow

Jul 18, 2008, 11:02:27 AM7/18/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi,

This is hardly a fix, but I have just uninstalled 1.5.x (allegedly
x=0 but according to changelog x=1) and re-installed 1.4.8 which is
working fine for me - if you don't need any of the newer features and
bug-fixes, 1.4.8 at least works ;-)

Pat Parslow

On Jul 18, 12:04 pm, "Ben ST AFFRIQUE" <bsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found the post Vista, SSH and SVN

> 1.5<http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-07/0653.shtml>
>  *Ben Triplett* *(2008-07-12 01:17:22 CEST) onhttp://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-07/ corresponding at my problem.

> I was asking Ben triplett directly qnd he told me to install the latest

> version coming from  *http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/1.5.x/win32

> That's what I done but now I have a new problem very strange.
> When I use the chekout command and I order my URL, the result is anormal :

> my address is for example *svn+ssh://testben/repos*

> and tortoise try to connect to the url :

> * 'C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\Temp\svn+ssh:\testben/repos'*
>
> I don't know from where coming from this : *C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\**
> Temp\*

> And I don't know how to debug this.
>
> See the screenshot.
>
> I try to reinstall and reinstall again but this is always the same.
>
> Have you got an idea ???
>
> Thank you
>
> Benjamin
>

>  screenshotSVN.jpg
> 58KViewDownload

Stefan Küng

Jul 18, 2008, 11:34:09 AM7/18/08
Ben ST AFFRIQUE wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I found the post Vista, SSH and SVN 1.5
> <http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-07/0653.shtml> /Ben
> Triplett/ /(2008-07-12 01:17:22 CEST) on
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2008-07/ corresponding at my problem.
>
> I was asking Ben triplett directly qnd he told me to install the latest
> version coming from /http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/1.5.x/win32
> <http://nightlybuilds.tortoisesvn.net/1.5.x/win32/>

> That's what I done but now I have a new problem very strange.
> When I use the chekout command and I order my URL, the result is anormal :
> my address is for example *svn+ssh://testben/repos*

> and tortoise try to connect to the url :
> * 'C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\Temp\svn+ssh:\testben/repos'*

> I don't know from where coming from this :
> *C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\**Temp\*
> And I don't know how to debug this.
>
> See the screenshot.
>
> I try to reinstall and reinstall again but this is always the same.
>
> Have you got an idea ???

Please get the command line client version 1.5:
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91
or
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=8100

Then do:
$ cd C:\Users\ben\AppData\Local\Temp\
$ svn co svn+ssh://testben/repos testbenworkingcopy

You should get the same error message.
If you do get the same error message, please report this on the
Subversion mailing list (users at subversion tigris org)

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

signature.asc

Steven Rosenstein

Jul 18, 2008, 9:08:08 PM7/18/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I have to second what Pat described. After constantly losing the battle
with "Other Errors Follow", I reverted back to V1.4.8 and everything is
back to working as expected. I think that next time before I upgrade any
production workstations I'll fire up a VMware slice and test out all of the
common operations to make sure nothing is broken.

From: Pat Parslow <p.pa...@reading.ac.uk>

To: us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Date: 07/18/2008 05:39 PM

Subject: Re: Post Reference : Vista, SSH and SVN 1.5 Ben Triplett (2008-07-12 01:17:22 CEST)