Issue Tracker Plugin and bugtraq:warnifnoissue

David Henderson

Dec 2, 2008, 3:56:08 AM12/2/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Hi,

I’m currently in the process of writing an issue tracker plugin for FogBugz in C#.

When testing on our local repository, the plugin executes fine and returns the correct string (e.g. “BugzID: 81725”).

However, when I hit OK, I receive the “You haven’t entered an issue number” warning.

From a quick look through of the source yesterday (I can’t access it right now due to the tigris.org upgrades), it looks like the check for an issue number only takes Regex mode into account.

The properties I have set in my working copy are as follows:

bugtraq:label                 Case:

bugtraq:message           BugzID: %BUGID%

bugtraq:number             true

bugtraq:warnifnoissue    true

I only have the bugtraq:message property set so that my users that do not wish to use the fogbugz plugin still retain the issue number input area at the top.

Is this an issue that I can solve locally, or will it need work doing to the commit dialog (say adding a flag that gets set when an issue tracker plugin returns)?

Thanks,

David Henderson

Stefan Kueng

Dec 2, 2008, 12:24:28 PM12/2/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Unfortunately, the issue tracker plugins only work together with the
regex properties.
But you're right, it should also recognize non-regex based issue ids and
fill those in automatically.
I'll change that for the 1.6 release.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

signature.asc

Stefan Kueng

Dec 2, 2008, 3:07:08 PM12/2/08
On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 18:24, Stefan Küng <torto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, the issue tracker plugins only work together with the
> regex properties.
> But you're right, it should also recognize non-regex based issue ids and
> fill those in automatically.
> I'll change that for the 1.6 release.

Done in r14752.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=860888

David Henderson

Dec 3, 2008, 4:03:56 AM12/3/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Thanks Stefan,

On a related note, I've had some feedback that it'd be useful to retain
the issue textbox as well as having the "Choose Issue" button. Their
reasoning is that if they know the issue number, it is a lot quicker to
enter it directly than to load an extra dialog.

Would this be feasible?

I could see it working in such a way that the results from the issue
tracker plugin (probably a comma separated list of issue IDs) were
inserted into the issue box rather than the message box.
If regex based issue ids were in use, the results from the plugin would
be passed into the message body as they currently are.

Thanks,

David Henderson

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=978772

Stefan Kueng

Dec 3, 2008, 1:35:27 PM12/3/08
David Henderson wrote:
> Thanks Stefan,
>
> On a related note, I've had some feedback that it'd be useful to retain
> the issue textbox as well as having the "Choose Issue" button. Their
> reasoning is that if they know the issue number, it is a lot quicker to
> enter it directly than to load an extra dialog.
>
> Would this be feasible?
>
> I could see it working in such a way that the results from the issue
> tracker plugin (probably a comma separated list of issue IDs) were
> inserted into the issue box rather than the message box.
> If regex based issue ids were in use, the results from the plugin would
> be passed into the message body as they currently are.

Done in r14768.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=979021

signature.asc

David Henderson

Dec 4, 2008, 3:49:27 AM12/4/08
Stefan Kueng wrote:

> Done in r14768.

Thanks Stefan,

I've tried it out in the nightly build and its spot on.

Regards,

David Henderson

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=979331

David Henderson

Jan 6, 2009, 9:58:23 AM1/6/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi Stefan,

I've just found a small bug in the issue tracker implementation (that
you did some work on in early December):

To reproduce (using yesterday's nightly build):

1) Do 1 commit with a BugzID using the issue tracker plug-in.
2) Open the commit dialog for a second commit
3) Click the recent messages button and select the previous message.
The Issue box will be filled with the value from the previous entry.
4) Click OK. The message "Only Numbers (optionally separated by commas)
are allowed!" will be shown in a tooltip.

There are no characters before or after the number in the box. To
complete the commit, you need to make a change within the issue # box.

Regards,

David Henderson

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1007682

Stefan Kueng

Jan 6, 2009, 1:25:37 PM1/6/09
David Henderson wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I've just found a small bug in the issue tracker implementation (that
> you did some work on in early December):
>
> To reproduce (using yesterday's nightly build):
>
> 1) Do 1 commit with a BugzID using the issue tracker plug-in.
> 2) Open the commit dialog for a second commit
> 3) Click the recent messages button and select the previous message.
> The Issue box will be filled with the value from the previous entry.
> 4) Click OK. The message "Only Numbers (optionally separated by commas)
> are allowed!" will be shown in a tooltip.
>
> There are no characters before or after the number in the box. To
> complete the commit, you need to make a change within the issue # box.

Strange. I can't reproduce this.
Also, the code responsible for the check gets the text from the edit box
directly, not from a variable:

CString id;
GetDlgItemText(IDC_BUGID, id);
if (!m_ProjectProperties.CheckBugID(id))
{
ShowBalloon(IDC_BUGID, IDS_COMMITDLG_ONLYNUMBERS, IDI_EXCLAMATION);
return;
}

which means that if the text is shown in the issue # box, it will be
used and it should not be necessary to edit the text in there first.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1008166

signature.asc

David Henderson

Jan 8, 2009, 6:47:41 AM1/8/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
> Strange. I can't reproduce this.
> Also, the code responsible for the check gets the text from the edit
box
> directly, not from a variable:
>
> CString id;
> GetDlgItemText(IDC_BUGID, id);
> if (!m_ProjectProperties.CheckBugID(id))
> {
> ShowBalloon(IDC_BUGID, IDS_COMMITDLG_ONLYNUMBERS,
>IDI_EXCLAMATION);
> return;
> }
>
> which means that if the text is shown in the issue # box, it will be
> used and it should not be necessary to edit the text in there first.

>Stefan

Hi Stefan, I've just tired again, I've narrowed it down to what looks
like extra line breaks at the end of the BuzId string.

Thanks,

David Henderson

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1011499

David Henderson

Jan 8, 2009, 9:27:24 AM1/8/09
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Stefan,

I saw that you'd added the Trim() before the check was carried out, so I
tried out last night's build - it works fine now - thanks!

David Henderson

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=4061&dsMessageId=1011780