BUG REPORT - Committing new files to (write-through proxy) slave repo fails.

Bob Pinchbeck

Jul 31, 2008, 11:26:47 AM7/31/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
BUG REPORT - Committing new files to (write-through proxy) slave repo fails.

Action Taken:
Added new files to a TortoiseSVN folder, then attempted to add/commit them to a (write-through proxy) slave repository.

Expected Result:
New (added) files should commit to the master repository (via the write-through proxy) without incident.

Actual Result:
Add succeeds, but commit fails (it should also be noted that SVN command-line [svn add/svn ci] succeeds)

Tortoise SVN error message when committing...
Bob\Documents\testslave\trunk\test6.txt
Commit failed (details follow):
Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response to PROPFIND\
request for '/svn/code/!svn/wrk/1d7c9604-3424-f143-99b4-8bda16835647/trunk/test6.txt'

SVN command-line success message when committing (the same file, with the same user)...
C:\bob\Documents\testslave\trunk>svn ci test6.txt --message test6
Adding test6.txt
Transmitting file data .
Committed revision 12.

After SVN command-line succeeds, the committed file is then available on both master and slave, as expected.

TortoiseSVN message when updating from master...
Update
C:\bob\Documents\testmaster\trunk\test6.txt
At revision: 12

Master Server Setup:
VisualSVN Server 1.5.1 (Apache 2.2.9) with Subversion authentication via HTTPS (port 8443).
Windows XP Professional (32 bit) Service Pack 3
URI: https://master:8443/svn/code

Slave (Write-Through Proxy) Server Setup:
VisualSVN Server 1.5.1 (Apache 2.2.9) with Subversion authentication via HTTPS (port 8443).
Windows XP Professional (32 bit) Service Pack 3
URI: https://slave:8443/svn/code

Client Setup:
TortoiseSVN 1.5.1.13563
Windows XP Professional (32 bit) Service Pack 3
Also attempted with nightly build (as of 7/30/2008) and received same failure.

VisualSVN Setup:
Software installed in C:\svn (on both master and slave)
Repositories installed in c:\svn\repos (on both master and slave)
Single repository on master and slave with same name ('code')
VisualSVN does not include mod_proxy.so and mod_proxy_http.so, so these were copied from a prior Win32 install of Apache 2.2.9 to the c:\svn\bin\ folder (on slave)
The master and slave both have appropriate hook scripts in place, as evidenced by the success of the SVN command-line.

For reference, here is the http-custom.conf in the c:\svn\conf\ folder on the slave...
LoadModule proxy_module bin/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module bin/mod_proxy_http.so

SSLProxyEngine on

<Location /svn/>
DAV svn
SVNMasterURI https://master:8443/svn/
</Location>

<Location /sync/>
DAV svn

SVNListParentPath on
SVNParentPath "C:/Svn/Repos/"
SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"
SVNPathAuthz on

AuthName "Subversion Repositories"
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider file
AuthUserFile "C:/Svn/Repos//htpasswd"
AuthzSVNAccessFile "C:/Svn/Repos//authz"

require valid-user
</Location>

Stefan Küng

Jul 31, 2008, 11:38:56 AM7/31/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

* turn off your virus scanner / desktop firewall

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

signature.asc

Pretz

Jul 31, 2008, 11:47:55 AM7/31/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Wow, fast reply.

Forgot to mention that I already turned off the firewall and virus
protection during testing.
The behavior is the same.

-=Bob

>  signature.asc
> 1KDownload- Hide quoted text -

Stefan Küng

Jul 31, 2008, 12:22:01 PM7/31/08
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 17:47, Pretz <b...@citygeeks.com> wrote:
> Wow, fast reply.
>
> Forgot to mention that I already turned off the firewall and virus
> protection during testing.
> The behavior is the same.

When you try the command line client, is it the same version (1.5.1)?
Are you trying from the very same workstation that you try TSVN with?

Also, you can try serf instead of neon:
in the servers config file (settings->network->edit) add the line
http-library = serf

Another thing you can try with neon (remove the line mentioned above
again): add the line
http-auth-types = basic;digest
in the [global] section.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

Pretz

Jul 31, 2008, 1:14:35 PM7/31/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
The SVN command-line reported that it was version 1.5.0
So, I checked the website and, indeed, the VisualSVN Server 1.5.1
incorporates Subversion 1.5.0 (pretty intuitive, neh?)
Anyway, VisualSVN Server has a new release today that incorporates
Subversion 1.5.1
So, I upgraded the servers and, for good measure, destroyed the
existing repos and created them again from scratch.

The SVN command-line now reports that it is version 1.5.1.
And, it now exhibits the same behavior as TortoiseSVN...
Adding test2.txt
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (400 Bad Request) in response
to PROPFIND request for '/svn/code/!svn/wrk/2ccd8419-b3d1-124d-
b1fd-38b6a0eff55f/test2.txt'

I am running it from the same workstation (and folder) as TortoiseSVN.
Looks like a bug in Subversion, I will have to figure out how to post
it to their bug list...

Thanks for the speedy and helpful responses!

-=Bob

> For additional commands, e-mail: users-h...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

peter.downey

Aug 29, 2008, 4:04:16 PM8/29/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
In case anyone finds this thread in tyring to troubleshoot TortoiseSVN
1.5.1 or 1.5.2 like I did, just to confirm: the problem also exists..
uh.. in TSVN 1.5.2 as well.
(I guess no big surprise.)

cipis

Oct 20, 2008, 11:36:57 AM10/20/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hello,

i have the same problem with subversion 1.5.3 (linux 32bit) and
TortoiseSVN 1.5.4, Build 14259. Is there any solution ?

Message has been deleted

Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PREV)

Oct 20, 2008, 11:42:58 AM10/20/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
I sent an e-mail to this account to no avail.

users-un...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Andy Levy

Oct 20, 2008, 11:44:48 AM10/20/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:42, Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PREV)
<Chris...@qimonda.com> wrote:
> I sent an e-mail to this account to no avail.
>
> users-un...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Did you get a reply telling you that you need to confirm the
unsubscribe by replying to it?

Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PREV)

Oct 20, 2008, 11:51:45 AM10/20/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
No, and I was expecting one. Hence, I posted the question to the group.
TY...

Andy Levy

Oct 20, 2008, 11:55:16 AM10/20/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 11:51, Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PREV)
<Chris...@qimonda.com> wrote:
> No, and I was expecting one. Hence, I posted the question to the group.
> TY...

Have you checked your spam filters, etc. to make sure it wasn't blocked?

Stefan Küng

Oct 20, 2008, 12:30:33 PM10/20/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org, Chris...@qimonda.com
Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PREV) wrote:
> I sent an e-mail to this account to no avail.
>
> users-un...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

I've removed you manually from the list.

signature.asc

Stefan Küng

Oct 20, 2008, 1:00:34 PM10/20/08
cipis wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i have the same problem with subversion 1.5.3 (linux 32bit) and
> TortoiseSVN 1.5.4, Build 14259. Is there any solution ?

Please report this on the Subversion mailing list.

signature.asc

Fouts Christopher (QNA RTP PREV)

Oct 20, 2008, 2:00:40 PM10/20/08
to us...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org