Copied from URL column missing

Hans-Emil Skogh

May 5, 2011, 5:03:46 AM5/5/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi!

I noticed that the "Copied from URL" column missing from the "Check for modifications" dialog. It used to be an option to show it.

Also the "Needs lock" column seems to have vanished from there.

Hans-Emil

Stefan Küng

May 6, 2011, 12:01:05 PM5/6/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 05.05.2011 11:03, Hans-Emil Skogh wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed that the "Copied from URL" column missing from the "Check
> for modifications" dialog. It used to be an option to show it.

SVN 1.7 doesn't provide that information anymore in a status call. That
info is only available through 'svn info' which would take way too much
time.
That's why the column isn't shown anymore.

> Also the "Needs lock" column seems to have vanished from there.

That info also is gone from the status info. But you can get it by
clicking the "properties" checkbox in the Check-for-modifications
dialog. After that, you can get that column.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=2732138

Hans-Emil Skogh

May 11, 2011, 4:13:38 AM5/11/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
>> I noticed that the "Copied from URL" column missing from the "Check
>> for modifications" dialog. It used to be an option to show it.
> SVN 1.7 doesn't provide that information anymore in a status call.
> That info is only available through 'svn info' which would take way
> too much time. That's why the column isn't shown anymore.

Seems like the dark sides of 1.7 are revealing themselves all at once for me... :-/

I hope this change was made in an effort to combine "copied from" and mergeinfo. I have always found it quite confusing to have both as they seem to overlap in meaning.

>> Also the "Needs lock" column seems to have vanished from there.
> That info also is gone from the status info. But you can get it by
> clicking the "properties" checkbox in the Check-for-modifications
> dialog. After that, you can get that column.

Ah! Unfortunately svn:needs-lock does not show up among the selectable columns even with "properties" checked. This even though I have a modified file with the needs-lock property set. Other properties, like svn:eol-style, seem to show up as expected.

Running TortoiseSVN 1.6.99, Build 21336 - 32 Bit -dev, 2011/05/10 18:58:34

Hans-Emil

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=2733944

Stefan Küng

May 11, 2011, 3:43:53 PM5/11/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 11.05.2011 10:13, Hans-Emil Skogh wrote:

>>> Also the "Needs lock" column seems to have vanished from there.
>> That info also is gone from the status info. But you can get it by
>> clicking the "properties" checkbox in the Check-for-modifications
>> dialog. After that, you can get that column.
>
> Ah! Unfortunately svn:needs-lock does not show up among the
> selectable columns even with "properties" checked. This even though I
> have a modified file with the needs-lock property set. Other
> properties, like svn:eol-style, seem to show up as expected.

Fixed in r21339.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=2734476

Hans-Emil Skogh

May 12, 2011, 2:35:45 AM5/12/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
>>> That info also is gone from the status info. But you can get it by
>>> clicking the "properties" checkbox in the Check-for-modifications
>>> dialog. After that, you can get that column.
>> Unfortunately svn:needs-lock does not show up among the
>> selectable columns even with "properties" checked.
> Fixed in r21339.

Works fine now. However the "properties" checkbox is not remembered when the window is opened the next time.

Also: I guess that the properties columns should be hidden when the properties checkbox is unchecked?

Hans-Emil

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=2734946

Stefan Küng

May 12, 2011, 3:46:54 PM5/12/11
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
On 12.05.2011 08:35, Hans-Emil Skogh wrote:
>>> Unfortunately svn:needs-lock does not show up among the
>>> selectable columns even with "properties" checked.
>> Fixed in r21339.
>
> Works fine now. However the "properties" checkbox is not remembered when the window is opened the next time.

Done in r21344.

> Also: I guess that the properties columns should be hidden when the properties checkbox is unchecked?

If we'd hide that column, users would have to enable those columns every
time the properties are shown again. But this way, the
preferred/important property columns the user chose are shown and just
filled when the props are read again.

Stefan

--
___