Bug at checkout repository

ziodraw

Dec 2, 2008, 7:34:49 AM12/2/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi guys,

I have a very annoying problem with tortoise svn (windows version) release
1.5.5. If I make a checkout on a repository, the OK Button is disabled in any
case I tested.

In an older version 1.4.8 there is no problem. My big problem in this case I
have no possiblity to get an older version, because in sourceforge.net I found
only the actual release.

Hopefully, you can retest the problem.

It's a great tool to work with subversion. Bye Zio.

Stefan Kueng

Dec 2, 2008, 12:53:37 PM12/2/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
ziodraw wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I have a very annoying problem with tortoise svn (windows version) release
> 1.5.5. If I make a checkout on a repository, the OK Button is disabled in any
> case I tested.
>
> In an older version 1.4.8 there is no problem. My big problem in this case I
> have no possiblity to get an older version, because in sourceforge.net I found
> only the actual release.
>
> Hopefully, you can retest the problem.

This was reported several times now, and every time I'm asking for more
information on how to reproduce this (since I still can't reproduce
this). As long as no one comes up with a recipe on how I can reproduce
this, I can't fix it.

So:
* what are you doing exactly? I.e., where do you right-click, what menus
are you clicking on, which dialogs come up, what paths are you using,
what's the url of the repository, what's shown in the checkout dialog
* what are your settings in settings->Dialogs 1->Checkout default path/url?

btw: you can activate the OK button by modifiying the checkout directory
(add a space and remove it again).

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=700358

signature.asc

Milen A. Radev

Dec 2, 2008, 2:48:37 PM12/2/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
2008/12/2 Stefan Kueng <torto...@gmail.com>:

> ziodraw wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have a very annoying problem with tortoise svn (windows version) release
>> 1.5.5. If I make a checkout on a repository, the OK Button is disabled in any
>> case I tested.
>>
>> In an older version 1.4.8 there is no problem. My big problem in this case I
>> have no possiblity to get an older version, because in sourceforge.net I found
>> only the actual release.
>>
>> Hopefully, you can retest the problem.
>
> This was reported several times now, and every time I'm asking for more
> information on how to reproduce this (since I still can't reproduce
> this). As long as no one comes up with a recipe on how I can reproduce
> this, I can't fix it.
>
> So:
> * what are you doing exactly? I.e., where do you right-click, what menus
> are you clicking on, which dialogs come up, what paths are you using,
> what's the url of the repository, what's shown in the checkout dialog

1. Right-clicked on a folder (that's not a WC or in a WC) and clicked
"Repo-browser";

2. The "URL" dialogue is pre-filled (surprisingly ;-) with
"http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/svn/tortoisesvn/trunk/Languages", then
clicked "OK";

3. Right-click on the "Languages" sub-directory and clicked "Checkout...";

4. The "Checkout" dialogue seems fine (screenshot attached) but the OK
button is disabled. No fiddling around (other than the workaround
mentioned below) enables it.

> * what are your settings in settings->Dialogs 1->Checkout default path/url?

Both were empty. When I selected a folder for "Default Path" the bug
disappeared.

[...]

--
Milen A. Radev

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=860874

checkout_ok_button.png

Stefan Kueng

Dec 2, 2008, 3:48:25 PM12/2/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

I have the same settings, but I can't reproduce it. The OK button is
always enabled for me.

Please do the following:
open regedt32.exe, go to HKCU\Software\TortoiseSVN\, create a DWORD
value named 'Debug' and set its value to 1.
Then do the steps above again (open repobrowser, right-click, checkout).
When the dialog pops up just before the checkout dialog is visible
showing the command line with which the checkout is started, hit Ctrl-C
to copy the contents of that dialog to the clipboard: I need to know
exactly what commandline TortoiseProc is started to bring up the
checkout dialog.

Also it might help if you could rename HKCU\Software\TortoiseSVN to test
whether some unknown settings bring this issue up.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=912508

signature.asc

Stefan Kueng

Dec 2, 2008, 4:18:55 PM12/2/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Milen A. Radev wrote:

> 1. Right-clicked on a folder (that's not a WC or in a WC) and clicked
> "Repo-browser";
>
> 2. The "URL" dialogue is pre-filled (surprisingly ;-) with
> "http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/svn/tortoisesvn/trunk/Languages", then
> clicked "OK";
>
> 3. Right-click on the "Languages" sub-directory and clicked "Checkout...";
>
> 4. The "Checkout" dialogue seems fine (screenshot attached) but the OK
> button is disabled. No fiddling around (other than the workaround
> mentioned below) enables it.
>

>> * what are your settings in settings->Dialogs 1->Checkout default path/url?
>
> Both were empty. When I selected a folder for "Default Path" the bug
> disappeared.

I think I got it: it only happens if the CWD (current directory of the
process) is set to the temp directory, which is odd but possible.

Should be fixed in r14754.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=961126

signature.asc

Milen A. Radev

Dec 2, 2008, 5:35:22 PM12/2/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
2008/12/2 Stefan Kueng <torto...@gmail.com>:
[...]

A buit too late but...

> Please do the following:
> open regedt32.exe, go to HKCU\Software\TortoiseSVN\, create a DWORD
> value named 'Debug' and set its value to 1.
> Then do the steps above again (open repobrowser, right-click, checkout).
> When the dialog pops up just before the checkout dialog is visible
> showing the command line with which the checkout is started, hit Ctrl-C
> to copy the contents of that dialog to the clipboard: I need to know
> exactly what commandline TortoiseProc is started to bring up the
> checkout dialog.

--------------------------
TortoiseProc
---------------------------
/command:checkout
/url:"http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/svn/tortoisesvn/trunk/Languages"
/revision:HEAD
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

> Also it might help if you could rename HKCU\Software\TortoiseSVN to test
> whether some unknown settings bring this issue up.

Same behaviour - screenshot attached.

--
Milen A. Radev

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=978570

checkout_ok_button_clean_registry.png

ziodraw

Dec 3, 2008, 11:05:53 AM12/3/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
Hi,

in my case I open the "Repo-browser"
(no matter which folder I choose) and
select a folder in the repository.

Right-Click on that and try to make a checkout.
A windows comes up and I'm wondering why the OK Button
is disabled and choose a folder on the local file system
but the Button keeps disabled.

If you still have no idea what I'm talking about I make
screenshots and post a link.

Thank you, zio

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=978942

Konstantin Kolinko

Dec 6, 2008, 2:30:20 AM12/6/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org
2008/12/2 Stefan Kueng <torto...@gmail.com>:

> ziodraw wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I have a very annoying problem with tortoise svn (windows version) release
>> 1.5.5. If I make a checkout on a repository, the OK Button is disabled in any
>> case I tested.
>>

> This was reported several times now, and every time I'm asking for more
> information on how to reproduce this (since I still can't reproduce
> this). As long as no one comes up with a recipe on how I can reproduce
> this, I can't fix it.
>
> So:
> * what are you doing exactly? I.e., where do you right-click, what menus
> are you clicking on, which dialogs come up, what paths are you using,
> what's the url of the repository, what's shown in the checkout dialog
> * what are your settings in settings->Dialogs 1->Checkout default path/url?
>
> btw: you can activate the OK button by modifiying the checkout directory
> (add a space and remove it again).
>
> Stefan

I am able to reproduce the problem.

From the sources: the state of IDOK button is changed only on
two occasions:
a) in OnInitDialog,
that is when dialog initializes
b) in OnEnChangeCheckoutdirectory,
that is when you type something in the "Checkout directory" field.

Any other operations that change the checkout directory field
do not update the button.

To reproduce the problem
1. Clear the Checkout directory field, so that the button is disabled.
2. Try any of the operations that I list below

1.Click the "Browse" button for the Repository.path
and either select a path through the Repository browser,
or a folder, if the old value there was either empty or was a file:// url.

The checkout directory path is updated, but button is not enabled.
-> ::OnBnClickedBrowse()

2. Click the "Browse" button for the Checkout directory and select a folder.

The checkout directory path is updated, but button is not enabled.
-> ::OnBnClickedCheckoutdirectoryBrowse()

3. In the Repository path field open the pull-down list
that offers the paths that you used earlier.
Select one of those paths.

The checkout directory path is updated, but button is not enabled.
-> ::OnCbnEditchangeUrlcombo()

It seems that that is all.

> btw: you can activate the OK button by modifiying the checkout directory
> (add a space and remove it again).

Yes, that enables the button.

I am using WinXP SP3,
TortoiseSVN 1.5.5, Build 14361 - 32 Bit

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=980460

Stefan Kueng

Dec 7, 2008, 5:30:52 AM12/7/08
to d...@tortoisesvn.tigris.org

Thanks for the analysis!
Fixed in r14790.

Stefan

--
___
oo // \\ "De Chelonian Mobile"
(_,\/ \_/ \ TortoiseSVN
\ \_/_\_/> The coolest Interface to (Sub)Version Control
/_/ \_\ http://tortoisesvn.net

http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=757&dsMessageId=980721

signature.asc