Help? What is the best deal in broadband these days?

thomas...@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2007, 10:25:56 PM12/1/07
to TorCamp
I'm moving in to a new place this week and it's time to get a new
pipe. Torcampers can you help me out? In your experience, what is the
best (if such a thing even exists) in terms of unthrottled/unfiltered
dollars per Megabit available to a dowtown Toronto resident?

any advice?

Colin Smillie

Dec 1, 2007, 10:36:36 PM12/1/07
to tor...@googlegroups.com
Teksavvy.com

I have it at home and work now.  I've tried Bell, Rogers, and a handfull of other DSL providers...

iheart...@gmail.com

Dec 2, 2007, 11:03:42 AM12/2/07
to TorCamp
Hi,

I have had pretty awful results with Bell myself. Roger was alright.
But definitely, of the better local ISPs, TekSavvy in particular, has
been doing it right. It makes it much easier to be a geek.

Bell for example try to stick you with a hefty fee without any prior
notice when you leave before two years. When I first called the call
center no one told me there was a contract, I didn't have a legal form
to look at. And I had to go through three days and two hours of
teleconferencing and Instant Messaging to get it sorted out.

Oh, they still haven't paid me the fine.

So, is your sanity worth a lot to you? Then start off with TekSavvy.

Roger in particular, has a pretty fantastic small business account,
serving web/email/dns. I have seen it used to good effect by previous
workplaces. But then if you can't put together a hardened Linux box or
two serving redundant email and DNS in under four hours you don't
belong in TorCamp.

Best personal regards,
-- Li-fan

On Dec 1, 10:36 pm, "Colin Smillie" <csmil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Teksavvy.com <http://teksavvy.com/>
>
> I have it at home and work now. I've tried Bell, Rogers, and a handfull of
> other DSL providers...
>
> On Dec 1, 2007 10:25 PM, thomas.pur...@gmail.com <thomas.pur...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> > I'm moving in to a new place this week and it's time to get a new
> > pipe. Torcampers can you help me out? In your experience, what is the
> > best (if such a thing even exists) in terms of unthrottled/unfiltered
> > dollars per Megabit available to a dowtown Toronto resident?
>
> > any advice?- Hide quoted text -

mkuplens

Dec 2, 2007, 2:52:09 PM12/2/07
to TorCamp
Agreed - Teksavvy is the way to go. I switched to them a good few
months ago haven't regretted the decision one bit. Least of all
bittorrent and secure connections work without throttling!

thomas...@gmail.com

Dec 3, 2007, 9:52:05 AM12/3/07
to TorCamp
Thanks for your replies everyone. We'll give Teksavvy a shot.

Jevon

Dec 3, 2007, 4:17:50 PM12/3/07
to TorCamp
Before someone brings up ACANAC.ca,. DO NOT go with them. I can't say
enough bad things about them,. I am still out 200$ and they tried to
charge my credit card again just last month, almost 2 years later.

On Dec 3, 9:52 am, "thomas.pur...@gmail.com" <thomas.pur...@gmail.com>