My brother-in-law is part of an organization that runs an orphanage in
Mexico. They also build homes for the homeless. They need a site that
can help coordinate groups who come down to volunteer.
This could involve a pre-packaged solution like Radiant, Mephisto, or
Beast. It could use existing social, photo, or project management
sites, or could be done from scratch.
Existing site: http://www.hwbonline.org/
Here are ideas/suggestions that have been thrown out so far:
* The site should not only be a tool for information, but also a
way to visually market all of the existing and upcoming opportunities
* It would be great to be able to give team leaders a way to post
pictures and comments from each of their trips. This would be another
way of representing all of the groups that are involved in this
ministry and allow them to share their experiences with each other.
(This could be in a blog form or a user name and password that
* Research the possibility of posting information / having
discussions that are only viewable to board members through passwords
* Have a place for individuals to enter name and email for a
mailing list database, etc
* Have a donations (paypal type) section
* Have the ability for the project coordinator to post updates for
groups, edit the calendar, update a donations section, etc.
* Have the project coordinator's update posted on the site, and an
email link sent to read it. This would hopefully encourage people to
explore the site after reading the update to see what other
opportunities are available.
* Use it as a tool for parents to understand what their kids are
doing and where they are doing it
* Have the promotional building video downloadable along with the
* Have a site that is complex in the fact that it offers a lot,
but is not high maintenance (If such things are possible ;) )
Send proposals to Andrew Schein, shinerb...@gmail.com. Include "HWB
Website" in the subject.