A Seattle web development shop sent this request for a local
* We have a talented team of alums from companies such as Starbucks,
Microsoft, Amazon.com, Boeing, and Novartis.
* We are hands-on, even at the highest levels. The VP of Marketing
writes copy, the VP of Software Development writes code, and the CEO
sits in on an interview with every job candidate. We are all about
building a world class team and product and constantly moving the ball
* We are very motivated to build an extremely successful company where
you will play a critical role.
* We believe that working hard and having fun are absolutely not
We're telling you this because we don't just want highly talented
individuals with track records of success...we want that and a great
fit. The cultural fit is just as important to us as the talent. We are
not a garage start-up with a band of 20-somethings throwing the latest
fad at the wall. We are a solid team working to build a billion dollar
opportunity...no hyperbole involved. For the right person, this is an
incredible opportunity for success, creativity, and excitement. If you
are looking to leave corporate America to exercise your talent and
creativity, but you don't want to hang your shingle on a song and a
prayer, then you might owe it to yourself to send us some materials.
In this senior development role you will provide technical leadership
in the design and development of the system. Moreover, we are looking
for someone who stands out even in a talented pool. If this is you,
you owe it to yourself to come learn more. We pay above market rates
and there are equity opportunities as well.
* Design and development of key components and features of the new
platform and related modules
* Participate in the detailed architecture, scalability and
optimization of the new platform while providing direction to a
complimentary offshore team.
* Conceptualize and innovate on new principles, concepts and
technologies impacting users of the new platform
* 5+ years application design and development experience, with a
minimum 3 years of server-side development.
* Recent, demonstrable experience architecting and implementing
complex, highly available, 3-tier, interactive user websites and
experience scaling the system to high volume of users.
* Strong object oriented programming and design skills.
* Experience with Database design and programming.
* Strong hands-on development experience working with a variety of
client-side and server-side web technologies (e.g. Linux, Apache,
MySQL, PHP (LAMP), Ruby on Rails, AJAX , DHTML, CSS, Web Services,
ASP.NET, SQL Server, etc.)
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, with a hands-
on, proactive attitude
We will consider a long-term contractor or full-time employee for this
position. Benefits include above market rate salary, health/vision/
dental insurance, retirement/savings, and host of other benefits.
Please send resumés to j...@sodogroup.com.