Nick Middleton, Technical Recruiter
Reports to: Sr. Developer
General Purpose: Develops well-written and maintainable code to
improve existing software and to innovate new functionality. Manages
or leads various phases of the development of approved projects.
• Participates in defining and implementing technical direction.
• Performs or reviews software analysis, design, programming,
testing, debugging, and documentation for assigned projects. Works
with support and documentation groups to provide technical and user
training and manuals for new systems and major system enhancements.
• Participates on project teams for assigned software projects;
analyzes improvements and new applications and develops requirements
and specifications with team.
• Helps develop specification, program and documentation
standards. Maintains functional operation of assigned production
systems. Provides input to application manager on reviews of
programmers and programmer/analysts, and helps to identify training
• Coordinates support for new programs and/or software
• Makes significant contributions to the success of projects by
applying demonstrated knowledge through the hands-on writing of
• Effectively works with peers, team members, and other
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science with a minimum of 7 years
relevant experience or the equivalent combination of education and
* Possesses strong body of technical and/or application knowledge:
Linux skills and MySQL knowledge are a plus.
* Demonstrates broad scope of knowledge and strong skill base,
which transcends an application.
* Could quickly become a Subject Matter Expert in other
applications. Is able to multi-task, and possesses above average
initiative and capacity to abstract.