SKOS thesaurus editing in TBC: hierarchy view?

Jeen

Aug 26, 2009, 9:05:10 AM8/26/09
to TopBraid Composer Users
Hi there,

I was wondering if there is an option to have a hierarchical view of a
SKOS thesaurus in TBC, that is, a hierarchy that shows the broader/
narrower relations, similar to the 'classes' view for class
hierarchies.

This would be a real benefit when having to create/edit SKOS
thesauri.

Scott Henninger

Aug 26, 2009, 9:39:35 AM8/26/09
to TopBraid Composer Users
Jeen; Yes, there is an association view that works on any property,
just as the Classes view works on the property rdfs:subClassOf.

Right-click on any property, such as skos:broader, and click on "Show
in Associations View". A view will appear with the resources
connected by the chosen property.

Out-of-the-box you can try this with the kennedys model (Navigator >
TopBraid > Examples). Choose "parent" to view the associations. Same
principle in skos once you have relationships using broader/narrower.

-- Scott

Jeen

Aug 26, 2009, 10:33:36 AM8/26/09
to TopBraid Composer Users
That is brilliant! Exactly what I was looking for, thanks :)

Jeen

On Aug 26, 3:39 pm, Scott Henninger <shennin...@topquadrant.com>

Dean Allemang

Aug 26, 2009, 10:46:52 AM8/26/09
to topbraid-co...@googlegroups.com

I am also a big SKOS user, and I do this all the time.

Check out the "associations view". The way I like to use it is to find
an appropriate property (usually skos:broader) in the properties tab.
Right-click on it, and select "associations"

That will probably do what you are looking for.

Dean