A T is for Training Meme AKA the Intersession Class Project

1 view

Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd

Jan 6, 2010, 4:28:06 PM1/6/10
to T is For Training
I challenge each member of the T is for Training Google Group to
answer these 27 questions (created by your training peers) on your own
Blog/Forum/twitterfeed/googledoc and put the link in a reply to this
post.

(Seriously, do you know how hard it is to get more than a handful of
busy trainers together to do anything? )

I will then collate the results as one T is for Training Intersession
Class Project post on the T is for Training Blog and social networking
feeds.

As an exercise in crowdsourcing, I am going to answer these questions
on the ALA Learning Blog as my getting to know you post.

Thanks to the very smart crowd of T Regulars for helping to come up
with these questions. Please limit your answers to one sentence.

1) Your One Sentence Bio
2) Do you blog? If yes, how did you come up with your blog name?
3) What is your professional background?
4) What training do you do? staff? patrons? types of classes?
5) What training do you think is most important to libraries right now
6) Where do you get your training?
7) How do you keep up?
8) What do you think are the biggest challenges libraries are facing
right now?
9) What are biggest challenges for trainers?
10) What exciting things are you doing training wise?
11) What do you wish were you doing?
12) What would you do with a badger?
13) What's your favorite food?
14) If you were stranded on an island, what one thing would you want
to have with you?
15) Do you know what happens when a grasshopper kicks all the seeds
out of a pickle?
16) Post it notes or the back of your hand?
17) Windows or Mac?
18) Talk about one training moment you'd like to forget?
19) What's your take on handshakes?
20) Global warming: yes or no
21) How did you get into this line of work?
22) Why is the best part of your job?
23) Why should someone else follow in your shoes?
24) Sushi or hamburger?
25) LSW or ALA?
26) What one person in the world do you want to have lunch with and
why?
27) What cell phone do you have and why?

Good luck and I can't wait for the answers.....

Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd

Jan 7, 2010, 1:48:27 PM1/7/10
to T is For Training
So did anyone do this yet?

Alison Miller

Jan 7, 2010, 2:04:43 PM1/7/10
to Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd, T is For Training
Working on finishing mine up this afternoon!

Cheers~
Alison

On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd <baldge...@gmail.com> wrote:
So did anyone do this yet?

Thank you,

Alison Miller
Manager, ipl2 Reference Services
Drexel University
Executive Doctorate Student, School of Information Studies
Syracuse University

Laura Botts

Jan 7, 2010, 2:27:40 PM1/7/10
to Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd, T is For Training

Lori Reed

Jan 7, 2010, 11:01:01 PM1/7/10
to Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd, T is For Training, alalearni...@googlegroups.com
Check out Pete's post on alalearning.org!

Maurice perfect timing on this!

Bobbi Newman

Jan 8, 2010, 8:46:36 AM1/8/10
to Lori Reed, Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd, T is For Training, alalearni...@googlegroups.com
Mine will be up Monday, already had this weeks blog posts scheduled

Bobbi L. Newman
http://librarianbyday.net
twitter.com/librarianbyday
bobbi....@gmail.com

Jill Hurst-Wahl

Jan 8, 2010, 9:50:45 AM1/8/10
to Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd, T is For Training
Here's mine.

Jill

=--------------------------------------------------=
Jill Hurst-Wahl
Connecting you & your content with the world.

Hurst Associates, Ltd., www.HurstAssociates.com
Digitization 101 blog,  www.Digitization101.com
eNetworking 101, www.eNetworking101.com

Tel: (315) 243-4403
Meebo / Skype: jill.hurst.wahl

Jason Puckett

Jan 8, 2010, 9:51:59 AM1/8/10
to T is For Training
I'm going to try to participate, but won't be able to get to it for a
few days. I thought the first week of the semester was supposed to be
quiet? Not so much.

> --

Jason Puckett / ja...@librarianx.net / http://jasonpuckett.net

Beth Tribe

Jan 8, 2010, 10:04:40 AM1/8/10
to T is For Training

Stephanie Zimmerman

Jan 8, 2010, 3:01:33 PM1/8/10
to Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd, tisfort...@googlegroups.com

Here's mine: http://lslctraining.blogspot.com/2010/01/get-to-know-me-meme-from-tift.html

Sincerely,

Stephanie Zimmerman
Training Coordinator

Jill Hurst-Wahl

Jan 8, 2010, 3:54:38 PM1/8/10
to Stephanie Zimmerman, Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd, tisfort...@googlegroups.com
I'm really enjoying these!  I'm noticing that the one sentence thing has really gone out the window! (thanks to Peter!)

Jill

Marianne Lenox

Jan 8, 2010, 6:01:43 PM1/8/10
to tisfort...@googlegroups.com

Bobbi Newman

Jan 11, 2010, 10:19:57 AM1/11/10
to tisfort...@googlegroups.com
mine http://librarianbyday.net/2010/01/t-is-for-training-meme/

Jill Hurst-Wahl

Jan 11, 2010, 2:10:40 PM1/11/10
to T is For Training
Anybody registered as a group for the last one?  Did you truly have a group and so projected the sessions?  Problems?  Concerns?

We're thinking of registering two groups, so we can have a conference room attending each track.  (Assuming there are two tracks.)

Any tips, etc., would be much appreciated.

BTW Alison is one of the keynotes!

Amy Kearns

Jan 11, 2010, 2:34:27 PM1/11/10
to <hurst@HurstAssociates.com>, T is For Training
Jill, I am having a group this year but didn't do it at all last year! I would LOVE to hear these answers too!! :-)

Amy J. Kearns

Stephanie Zimmerman

Jan 11, 2010, 4:58:59 PM1/11/10
to tisfort...@googlegroups.com
I've been behind in my reading!  A warm welcome to Andrew, Betha and Erin. Hope I didn't miss anyone.  And I love the hilarious comments now in email form rather than in the chat during the show.  You sure are a fun bunch that I feel priveleged to be a part of.  I finally downloaded all of these interviews Maurice, now I just gotta find the time to listen.  Can't wait!

Sincerely,

Stephanie Zimmerman
Training Coordinator

Jan 21, 2010, 8:41:10 AM1/21/10
to T is For Training
Paul,

Amazing one sentence answers!

Jill

=--------------------------------------------------=
Jill Hurst-Wahl
Connect. Share. Collaborate.

AngelaP

Jan 27, 2010, 10:16:46 AM1/27/10
to T is For Training
I have a blog started and the answers to your 27 questions. Woo Hoo!

Getting to Know Me on Training with a Passion:
http://trainingpassion.wordpress.com/2010/01/27/getting-to-know-me/

Maurice Coleman aka baldgeekinmd

Jan 27, 2010, 12:24:11 PM1/27/10
to T is For Training
WHOOOO congrats angela!

pollyalida

Jan 27, 2010, 8:23:48 PM1/27/10
to T is For Training
Angela, get the droid, get the droid... :-) I went from an old flip
phone to the droid. It's so handy.