Compile tinypy with adobe alchemy

Thijs Triemstra | Collab

Jun 20, 2009, 2:22:13 PM6/20/09
to tinypy
Hi there,

I read on this blog [1] that it was possible to compile tinypy using
the adobe alchemy gcc compiler but I'm not sure why it isn't working.
I made the following changes to setup.py [2], here's the build.sh file
[3] and this is the Actionscript class [4]. Running the build file
produces an empty SWC file.. any ideas?

Thanks,

Thijs

[1] http://www.philhassey.com/blog/2009/03/12/i-can-has-flash/
[2] http://pastebin.com/fd7799f4
[3] http://pastebin.com/f76a635c2
[4] http://pastebin.com/f6ff00794

Donny Viszneki

Jun 20, 2009, 5:29:08 PM6/20/09
to tin...@googlegroups.com
It's probably better to implement a Python VM on top of action script.
Or use Pypy to translate "RPython" to Actionscript.
--
http://codebad.com/

Phil Hassey

Jun 22, 2009, 11:25:18 AM6/22/09
to tin...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I'd say "ideally" if the tinypy VM was implemented on ActionScript, then tinypy could be bootstrapped onto AS3 pretty easily :)

But the question about Alchemy .. yeah I basically just grabbed the stringecho.c example from Alchemy and used it on tinypy.

Check it out ..

-Phil