software 3.0

Jean Pierre Daviau

Apr 7, 2011, 10:02:32 PM4/7/11
to group TI
Hi,

I had an automatic 3.0 software  update on my inspire cas handled.

What is new in this 3.0?
The computer software stayed at 2.1...

Thnaks for your consideration.

JPD

Ray Fox

Apr 8, 2011, 12:04:50 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
A couple of things to begin with:
   1) adds Vernier Data Quest on main page
   2) 3D graphing (Graphs>View>3D0
   3) Displays images (greyscale) inserted with TE
   4) Handles more and better question types (created in TE)

In short, go to the education.ti site or Sean Bird's and look at the new features of 3.x OS
They are best on the CX hh, but will work (some modications like greyscale) on the older Nspire hh.

Ray

The tns documents shared by group members are archived at
http://lafacroft.com/archive/nspire.php

Bryson Perry

Apr 8, 2011, 12:30:31 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Don't Forget the Differential Equations graphing mode.

Rational exact values on Ti-Nspire are possible
Irrational exact values on TI-Nspire CAS are possible

Graph a Sine graph and change the tick marks to pi/4

Bryson Perry

Apr 8, 2011, 1:37:00 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I don't know when I will use it (don't teach Calculus at the moment), but I really like that you can now use a slider in Differential Equations and 3D-Graphing...

Sean Bird

Apr 8, 2011, 1:40:41 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
So the pi/4 is not just a CAS thing too (like the rational). I love CAS.

Sean Bird
http://bird-godlydominion.blogspot.com/

Bryson Perry

Apr 8, 2011, 1:43:03 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
No I think it is a CAS thing.

Andy Kemp

Apr 8, 2011, 1:47:22 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Sadly the multiples of pi thing only works on the CAS version, on the numeric it just converts this to a decimal equivalent as it used to on OS2.1

Jessica Kachur

Apr 8, 2011, 2:54:47 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Have people been able to upgrad ethe teachers editions yet?  Mine still says its not available.

Jess Kachur
T3 Regional Instructor
Muka, CGC, TDI, Retired, CL2, CL3-F, CL3-S, CL3-H, TN-O, WV-N
and
Jibay, Sandy Acres lil' Phantom, NA, CGC, CL4, CL4-F, CL4-S, CL4-H

Apr 8, 2011, 3:30:37 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I can't even get the student edition on my Mac yet! New error messages!
33D.gif

Andy Kemp

Apr 8, 2011, 3:32:50 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
What error are you getting?
33D.gif

Lana Golembeski

Apr 8, 2011, 3:41:26 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com

Server Error in '/calculators/downloads' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
33D.gif

Andy Kemp

Apr 8, 2011, 4:02:23 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
That's a server side error indicating an issue with the server...  Try downloading the Student software from here:
33D.gif

Michael Meadows

Apr 8, 2011, 4:03:13 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com

I just got the Teacher Navigator installed on my mac. There is a lot to learn this weekend. Thankfully the missus is out of town. Going to take the hub and a couple calcs home to geek out.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - Albert Einstein

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Michael Meadows

Mathematics Instructor

Lake Forest High School

302.284.9291 x273

mdme...@lf.k12.de.us

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Ray Fox

Apr 8, 2011, 4:05:09 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Call TI-cares.

There is a hidden site they will give you that downloads (up to an hour).
It worked geat.

Ray Fox
Regional T3

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 2:22 PM, Damion Beth <db...@barabooschools.net> wrote:
Did mine this morning from the teacher site.

Lana Golembeski

Apr 8, 2011, 4:15:39 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
It worked!! Thanks!
Lana
can i update my handheld from my computer software or will I need to connect to the website?
33D.gif

Andy Kemp

Apr 8, 2011, 4:28:35 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
You can try, but if it doesn't work shout and I'll help you find an appropriate link...
33D.gif

Lana Golembeski

Apr 8, 2011, 7:25:35 PM4/8/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
I used the link you sent me earlier and updated the handheld! Thanks so much!! Now to have fun exploring the new calculator!
Lana
33D.gif

Scott Lockhart

Apr 9, 2011, 9:41:56 AM4/9/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to give that "hidden site" out in a private e-mail (for Mac Nspire Navigator download)? I think TI-CARES is closed on the weekend, aren't they? Thanks, and just in case you can, my e-mail address is scott.l...@gmail.com.

Scott Lockhart
33D.gif

Damion Beth

Apr 9, 2011, 6:56:57 PM4/9/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
The problem with upgrading to 3.0 Navigator (Mac or PC) is that you need to call TI Cares to get a new 31 digit license to run it anyways.