updated handled

j4e8a16n

May 11, 2011, 9:09:01 AM5/11/11
to tinspire
Hi again,

My hh has been updated to 3.0 but the computer software is still 2.1 .

My problem is that if I create something on the handled, I cant read
it on the computer software which ask for an update to be able to read
the tns file.

Is that normal?

JP

Lionel Debroux

May 11, 2011, 9:18:48 AM5/11/11
to tins...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that is "normal": Nspire documents have never been backwards-
compatible.
For completeness: Nspire documents used to be forwards-compatible,
but OS 3.0 doesn't understand non-encrypted files suitable for OS 1.1.

Lionel.

JosJuice

May 11, 2011, 9:35:31 AM5/11/11
to tinspire
Yes, it's normal. Right now, you're kind of stuck in this situation,
because TI stopped making 3.0 available and the OS of the handheld
can't be downgraded if 3.0 has been installed. You need to wait until
the new OS is released sometime in this month, and then you can
upgrade your computer software to 3.0.