An Unglue Puzzle Creation Challenge

TC

Feb 28, 2011, 9:46:31 PM2/28/11
to Tile Factory
Most of the time, people post puzzles here and challenge others to
find a solution. Here is a different kind of challenge -- I'll
describe a design goal and see who can create a puzzle which meets
that goal.

Here is the design goal: As you may or may not know, solvent not only
removes stencils, but also dissolves glue. Nevertheless, I have not
yet seen a puzzle whose optimal solution requires that feature. Your
challenge, therefore, is to create a puzzle whose optimal solution
requires the use of solvent to remove glue.

Beyond that goal, feel free to use any design principles you like. My
preference is for puzzles that have non-obvious solutions and which
have sub-optimal solutions that are completely different from the
optimal solution, yet competitive. However, I also like puzzles which
are simple, clever, unusual, pretty, etc.

In any case, if you post a puzzle in reply, I (and hopefully others)
will poke at it to see if its optimal solution really requires
ungluing. Best of luck!

Below, I've posted my effort. It is called "Narrow Passage". My best
solution requires ungluing, although I've found a copier hijacking
solution that comes very close. (I'm sure someone will let me know if
the hijacking solution can be improved to beat the ungluing solution.)

Narrow Passage:
eNpdzc0NwjAMBeDnkjit49Kk/HQHhuHGAEyA1As7dcn25Yaw9O
nZUSwL9Ple1893GfFIGZayUEcnChQpUU8DGWVym6pbibBzdEuB
e4H72rAvzMKcmXNL/pm5Vxr22rAPjZvH3HulKINXGcYKc1FLwv
vC+2Ai2QI1QC7x3qO76k3Beu0b/mvj6+8cMO0HLGwN4Q==

Narrow Passage Solution:
eNpd0EFu7SAMBVBs7EtwSAN5IW9XVSd/AX8FlTrpnrrJ9mZWle
jIDtgmiiS8/v/4eP98bumtrCnKKqSUycip0EKVglZqsY8W3VO8
eIti7DP248a8M3bGg/G4I2sO9vUbc9yY261F83VpY23NpbYhdR
spmiCK8H7h/YkxlXgmRIQ5wguGFlyRMEJjuuCyHD2n8qKKTRyu
QAGist6DsRg0AwqrO2tOy9g4p4bVh2k+BXmKVs+KUC8793bRsn
BQca+H6XIgLQO5dlPtrnVC66aqTTU9HzbklMnnlF132cXlMIFn
X6cMTDnQrfvEpMsoJj+f1onu3U+eXjf+2XFbN45u2rM8/FqSnp
hIXP++v9Lf9cXd3++W9u8fuWwWKQ==

Time: 0:50
Broken: 0
Parts: 38
Items: 165

-TC

steve42

Mar 1, 2011, 4:11:33 PM3/1/11
to Tile Factory
On Mar 1, 2:46 am, TC <cyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Here is the design goal: As you may or may not know, solvent not only
> removes stencils, but also dissolves glue. Nevertheless, I have not
> yet seen a puzzle whose optimal solution requires that feature. Your
> challenge, therefore, is to create a puzzle whose optimal solution
> requires the use of solvent to remove glue.

Opinions will differ about what makes something "optimal"... some
prefer to optimise for a short time, others to optimise for a small
number of parts, others to optimise for a small number of items, and
others for some intangible aesthetic appeal.

Regarding optimised for time, I refer you to my latest solution to the
"classic" COLOR TEST puzzle. This is near-optimal for time, and I
can't see how it could be made as fast without using the mechanism it
uses of glueing the tiles together into a temporary structure for
their transit across the playing area......

> Below, I've posted my effort. It is called "Narrow Passage". My best
> solution requires ungluing, although I've found a copier hijacking
> solution that comes very close. (I'm sure someone will let me know if
> the hijacking solution can be improved to beat the ungluing solution.)

Here's two separate solutions that beat this:
1. using a "triple-sprayer"
eNpdkEGS3CAMRUFIXwJD20B35ii5RXZZp3KCVM1m7jSXnHzvUk
H1LFlI6ENO+PH7/f3Px9tIv/xIzY9MhBSixIiTIJU0cpDeztnb
Zak9rDdX9in7ccP4or/oF/26PWsW+64bxrhhrDe9dTuiT2J59J
nHmKn1jOaZ8zPnJ/rk7S2hYQrbDTAx0GEUYopZDBOgKLRTlcIc
wn1rWqciL0U5M2qn3wp7qlQrKCwyF0lg3lVKqKQwlMrYTUo1qQ
5WBXMhpYWkVnkOcwMoEdJezvkNeHHWZm6HyAqk7YgFxBNWPASd
mk+oPbKUkaWeBrmA9H1pt6WjEPpJgfzqU9kmEMsUqpSgUKcFjU
+mGaGV5lbVcjU7qmVQbNRot9VW74inYyCYjbj3wBxix6Jt3yC+
Gc1j+8Km3GpOC1o1dpqzHuG0IEvPPHPXkUd+8GEnPObRCB84Tm
u82IULi7fYnrd9iyRPvJC4fn59pv/XJ7P//ms6v/4CQ58bbw==
Time: 0:37
Broken: 0
Parts: 52
Items: 32
(this is only optimal for the standard version of the game though, as
it produces exactly 5 mosaics.)

2. using "copier-jacking", and continuing with continuous production:
eNpdkclxHTEMRMGtQXC4z3wrG4fgmwNwBK7SxTkpSbmpk8tEvc
IyBMEeOsGPX+/vv/+8NXnXS4pejngSSCSJKMnESCEXqWWsWmaS
0lMtGtkX2Y8D40k/6Tf9Pp57NvvmgTEOjOOhlpquXNdVa3KtLt
faklIdijrOd5wv9KLlTVDKBWD5hAQEE+I8PGupRCTW1/nOeJov
L422DH4X1lSxgwYLPpgn0YcnwFaA3IF7eMgMCROKDrUKWAOkKU
IW72aBfzLslYGqES8eQBVm3FNPLUX0EG0o/MzwjbWRYxkulhZj
6NxYOW/w4pX3robUi0dPai3B9wjspDIiwjAfR/HWAkKjvOrZx5
5HfHoF7x/mN5A3eZBk84435+4M+W5izpyDuXQt28VkMTdPo3iL
5pdb4ab4m7YPFL98RdNGsiSXxWSXSVuHy/yJn/zkyR/wZHMne1
F84fPU3AhNh84881KelFvuqF9Uo2m3ydN7aanHEXcaadCPcrJh
I/fYU6PcRrm0E8UhD+3Fuz4UvdyNrbfuTNOvSDdufThjZHenb3
yoBy8I18/PD/l/fbD6bx5lfP4FPQ0giQ==
Time: 0:40
Broken: 0
Parts: 72
Items: 37

steve42

Mar 1, 2011, 7:54:22 PM3/1/11
to Tile Factory
On Mar 1, 9:11 pm, steve42 <googlegro...@banoffee.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2:46 am, TC <cyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Below, I've posted my effort. It is called "Narrow Passage". My best
> > solution requires ungluing, although I've found a copier hijacking
> > solution that comes very close. (I'm sure someone will let me know if
> > the hijacking solution can be improved to beat the ungluing solution.)
>
> Here's two separate solutions that beat this:

However, improving the un-glueing solution improves the time even
further, so the un-glueing method probably is optimal in time as
designed, and almost certainly optimal for continuous production.

eNpdkk1y2CAMhUFITwjj2OCfHCm77HqAnqAz2XTd6+SS6XNWnV
rzIQlLIAE54f3nx8ev369r+uNLar5kIqQQJUacVBKkkYX0to3e
dkvtxXpzZZ4yHw+0d+qdelLPRzNmMm9/oI0H2vrQW7el9rH0bn
ntI6/rSK1nNM/cP3P/RJ28vSY0XChwSNtVMYpjiKGZszJtodaq
GYxzVgCBQSpaOGObYivm3QV3KG7mXJzf1MshUo4i5WSONaAx1s
3YnGJVlqsWuyE6ULoIulnpIbIGogIYHGZwnQV2LpKOAPZwvITK
UOSTcVeFXIE0G+RoyFMR4/ELZAoiqEOQIwOV9btY1ILiCalmWE
3CHwir0FW4N1vrrNdZH9S0VyklRDUk81jEHMGDimDdzj19Qexc
YSMDljZH2Rm3cc2btd0N6e2Qk4dwPCI91jiWI46YbH7oVa+44q
SMytl2tNnOmBzHwzKVnt4PjJ56yMEGGSldK87lkFl2m4WjcmTT
g/bUYNUUNm6F0LJcS82U5OlbS83Bhrt2cHwsrNLZPsVqdtbqWO
Pi+fRaaVll+65hXrwE4aWTWjzzBCOXsO93zRf+0Oi3HZtTsPsg
W6XQ3/2ud7vZaT7s5iWcfIGJ34+vz/T/98nZf31N29dfIIki7g
==

Time: 0:35
Broken: 0
Parts: 87
Items: 155
(and continuously produces a mosaic every 2 seconds thereafter)

Next I'll need to think about something cunning that would allow a
puzzle to be designed with the largest difference possible between a
"standard" and an "un-glueing" solution.........

TC

Mar 1, 2011, 10:25:18 PM3/1/11
to Tile Factory
Steve, I'm impressed that you were able to improve on both my
hijacking and ungluing solution. In the unglue approach, it never
occurred to me to deploy the glue like that to get a head start. Nice
job!

In any case, an unguling solution is still fastest known solution to
"Narrow Passage", so my puzzle is still standing in the design
competition. Yay!

Here is a second puzzle which, hopefully, meets the design goal. Don't
get excited; it is the simplest, easiest puzzle I could dream up. In
fact, it is so simple, I bet you guys can solve it with no testing --
see if you can place all your parts and get it to solve correctly on
the very first try. I call the puzzle "Glue Past".

-TC

Glue Past:
eNptyUEKwCAMRNEZiSFYHWkRvP9JbQ7g37zFJ7AHfNBbL65JS0
1ipCGgPFUBdselt6583/UZ5vkBX6IChw==

Glue Past Solution:
eNptjUkOwzAMAyXKWuwmdloE6P9f2tL3aEAQ2lXke8p9aowDMZ
c2ehtTi14zLGKYe1iFuTJVWG4BFpQDY2WzYq1vsVaAXBwmqYkg
vlFXFBeK3lKL9A06iiR4uPFB0QsvnyV6hDzE22/2Po+9Juv3B9
MpBJs=

steve42

Mar 2, 2011, 11:39:02 PM3/2/11
to Tile Factory
On Mar 2, 3:25 am, TC <cyr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Glue Past:

"copier-jacking" solution, which overtakes the unglueing solution
after the first few mosaics when run in continuous production mode
(but 4 seconds slower for initial batch of 5):
eNptTFsOwwAIUkS0XR/ZsmS7/0U3+1+MYCTgZp/dvrtr3aDjdI
5yPbxHexUzFZJYJS/Kk4tDMEhB6WAGoQWlsNIyL+TcbGCijJ5W
yXafiMFztggQZTNXZVZWXDxgsjNR0ewQHnm0+Sa7wTPf471uPd
r5+wP6EgTa

Regarding the main challenge.... there's your initial puzzle in the
running, and Neebat's "COLOR TEST" level, where the fastest known
solution uses unglueing (and it's unlikely that that anything matching
it for speed could avoid this).

I present the following puzzle as my attempt to specifically fulfil
the design criteria:
Fairly abstract, so let's call it "Primaries sampler" or something
like that?
eNqVyksOwjAQA1BPM+k0btI2AvHZcSkuySWD2XWLpSfLkg24Bl
6RwIYsLkkmVsvikkTbrdQsIYsUoTSpVmI2xgzGql7Vm3oDbwHe
F/BRwCfBI6PsDu4N3Kp+yQjYMV1meJ966t7ze3xwds5Q/tm/OP
bxBflmGYI=

A basic solution is quite straightforward, producing two tiles per
second, and is left "as an exercise to the reader"... this would only
need to use one of the four tile copiers, although it could also use
all 4 to simply the wiring for starting each batch. The tile copiers
are left unprotected, making a "copier-jacking" solution
straightforward too. The left hand glue should allow a faster copier-
jacking solution (avoiding the time taken for the tiles to snake
around the back of the copiers.

The following solution is the best I could think of without
"unglueing"... and the startup time should be less than at least the
obvious copier-jacking solutions, taking just 32 seconds to complete
the first 5 mosaics.
eNqVj0tyAzEIREFAa8Caj2Zc+dwqm1wyl3TaWXkbSq+alpAQKn
Lv8tVNapUgToy0GhrbUCfGnN41R5BOFpKkyEqGZodWh1S/UW/U
jbpJvXWp90XqI6U+S+oIyd2l9lVqG6wzLSiA1qKsdTRHhUd1D7
gFuNCCakA06nPfW9Ki885ikQuQnRtFXx5ZTAfrBuuz0RhyUA7W
XHAc7HFp1OT5yvOdTXd+4mL/6Y4pzM1xGr3S85nJfieVkgf+ns
2VnIDcDaHdFl1QHGeQ8oHhk1cHuh5IPq+8o/yCM1EnYRy7caTG
USdbrlj1JHq0C+KzTZs+4/vxI6+8xoPxH/8Ml/3xCxG8IM0=

(for added "points", I made that luddite too!)

However, using glueing in one configuration, unglueing and then re-
glueing, it can do better than that... shaving 6 seconds off the time
to complete the first 5 mosaics (i.e. taking 26 seconds). Indeed, the
ungluing solution is probably provable to be in the smallest possible
time (at least in a playing area that size), and is also far more
straightforward in terms of layout than other "fast" solutions.
eNqVkFlyAzEIRFkbiZFnPHbWA+UIuWQu6XT+/Bu6XkGXKISkIi
8lX+XSF0kSxIn10tyXBnHW9KFzJSkyyCRNLmTpLGgXpGtj3ph3
5l36raTfh/THlP5s6WvKPEL6uEjvi32uDQvAEh2ePgCfMOwR2B
04M7ACLgJXMTcuV5FzC3R64vToEdnTs5u+OGhY9mJ9MeDg8EOB
u2bfovpmNSsxZ3Bbw0RCyjGdPtl/D8FpKq+DZxMDIkrxWhESus
XSSj472iht41eAo7K4eDml5UM9LD00B9I80ijVq90hcdrpZ5z5
/fiRZ57jwfiP/4uQ4/ELUpUewQ==

steve42

Mar 2, 2011, 11:42:47 PM3/2/11
to Tile Factory
On Mar 3, 4:39 am, steve42 <googlegro...@banoffee.co.uk> wrote:
> A basic solution is quite straightforward, producing two tiles per
> second, and is left "as an exercise to the reader"...

Ummm... I mean, a basic solution, producing a mosaic every four
seconds (compared to the probably optimal solutions which produce a
mosaic every two seconds) - not sure how I wrote that so wrong!

Grabar

Mar 5, 2011, 6:37:07 PM3/5/11
to Tile Factory
When I was experimenting with ungluing I accidentally discovered
something very interesting.
Check it out in this simple puzzle:

eNqNyoENxDAIA0DzySfBJWSB7r9mazYo0skWYMAh7tzOE87cUI
IR5rHLWhFiLcOGzoMbjfNyWZxZ1NME2hV1/DitdPW/UjCVgk7A
vEV9NQ58nI7zvM+DBPo=

In this puzzle not only the optimal solution requires ungluing - it is
impossible to solve it other way!

Solution:
eNqNj4mRRCEIRLnk+uivSWbzz2ynzWCknnQjWshEb9Pf2dXvVJ
9NyNQzXLMvmTOA9Qw7jr03acdTIDvOBfowINQu0CQdfDHohQwo
kAFZu7i7qHsrezteXeJt0s+Kfix8ZPmE+Sxo+A2/4ffVKyrUS9
UJJQ3ylSSSBi+uKaIFWoQ+qqzAQ8PChsM2B6UlHCaSkMSeiEL0
DVzs2y/oT/Qnl879kWLSH5fR+/8FkFkI5w==

T: 0:20
B: 0
P: 26
I: 50

Something more difficult:

eNqthsENgDAMxC5q2oQjaXmw/4qMUMIOWLJsAe6FCDkYQoamR0
+3lrQ2aeOzHidNSnjVCUjqZdA5Vs8+FT9j+9kvDi4FIg==

Solution:
eNqtT4lRBDEMkx0/F+fbu6ERKqD/aigBtDBDBcSjKHYSSxbg7e
BjSq8ptaetOX3NbKuy7cq4wTNGpRB4kB+1ULrQ9fjWbVtDK0J7
hJeGd0Qwv8risoxjqNO8fFjYjHhNi5dmg2pDI4xwdUCbIJqSed
kMGnb3e/BfJ3vESuQJDbbJ7ZqraV8RfUdg0MJMegh0z2iRmpsa
coM6Qh1xjUuzPzXaSW07Fe8CSoJeYPg7GFwgJbhLuNNiuXhRUO
loUnAjO8VHLGLm/NmZJQ0waEV98M1odxsXZdCMGMPFcedd+Ia1
EvYiBvsuuC8hyy9Th7Xm66mXjti589zgEIdDXCrLroTtOL58c4
7/Xfn1+fUNNBUN1Q==

T: 1:00
B: 0
P: 47
I: 79

steve42

Mar 7, 2011, 7:05:27 PM3/7/11
to Tile Factory
On Mar 5, 11:37 pm, Grabar <theawakench...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In this puzzle not only the optimal solution requires ungluing - it is
> impossible to solve it other way!

Reminds me of Ivan's puzzle from a few months ago:
http://groups.google.com/group/tile-factory/browse_thread/thread/10ae7ff09afe29dc#

Another puzzle that I now appears to fit the design criteria is
"Crown" (built in to the game, so not one of mine!).
This solution is 2 seconds faster for the first 5 mosaics than the
fastest known solution without unglueing (and even faster on Producers
Challenge, as it produces a mosaic every 2 seconds rather than every 3
as other near-optimal solutions have done)

eNp1k1mS5CYQhgHlAglCS4GWiSrJF/Qd+yy+SPtXhx9mHtyKrx
OS3Cm8c39N7p9pdjbN1RYH7mrNO2uXs9GpjbdaTc7qXk39CBQI
iMCbRpCAgQnnM1jAhP0MFnA+uKob9Ds4wPWAOBfiXYh1eSu3T+
Xjcjn8WHaAgsrkpnJUK1vN5R5L+TwyjuWWWJaKc+wN+gQC7Byk
i6k4hRSAOAFxIuKaMw3IGzx6RY8evV5Pz9B/oP9421O109Brxj
5DRsgIucFmw/nu7DxcFUciA4sxcRywdkkQnsQVkMWE2GhQYccy
OJHqVLJnKdiPXqUEFQMSeOgchvZAYeiIlWE/ws4xRXJiA+IOiY
QFcRUDE4o+i1IOOWXEQU6DVjNJzKrRQkomosiJIChULDFLQsEj
yINIQrQU4crwh0lmtlE4jSxhRLoKG4SWpFBgHYjMw3etIr2qvC
pJA69RpBXo4LRBnoXsFclagg4BXqipo/Y1qqzKNiPvippW5N2S
YuAkF+RpZB/M7Y1e78Ryw/eC711U3oXiZRz2IumVJDT0drPajd
l/0NfbcXzjR/kmll9R7YiQ6OdE/aeonKh7DywHcu8k+UA/d2D9
RSEdmPeJPk7k25Fvj0B0WDNGFzA6+OEahZVsENSPeivsq0maTc
IMuwVxaxRdLMiCPifY74q+VaVHSm8Wj0eTfJDgUT/F56pCwLUN
q8kwDRLWJO7vzu35qFF/Pu40uc4ltAfKvoNGI2Rxje05c40M6x
H6ySVL48gj4cMFPhSGFNhCGmInaZSkU9L2w1IbvUbkA1vt2Hdq
oI+opYDaGOe8QbbSaC972corNWv2ygcdfs2vuOaWIPNsc57xak
Cd81TXvEHfMYADeRR16zMIh/8gOh+c9xiJTy7OeXFzXh+486Sd
FwGxc42oE3UvkBNqfvY7ZE+dbt/5YY+NofuRW2r8wUxu+H8wox
u+l3W+rNFp/YH3DGD3gEcWB61DxiMcCbOmQljTnjEvPMiEC1oT
PqvPyta85opzwR0J+SovczLFOS5x0lkXdT9/3+5P+bP+/lP+j+
H315/yx+Pr63f5n8PX75Lc9P0vj5dOMw==

Time: 0:31
Broken: 0
Parts: 149
Items: 532

I can't see a way to get all the tiles sprayed with the purple paint
in order to get a mosaic every 2 seconds without using this
technique....

Iván Nieto

May 3, 2011, 11:50:03 PM5/3/11
to Tile Factory
Volcano:
eNpdkFGWgzAIRYmtogQS22pc2exl1jSb7Fz6Wc95BxIfF0IRuS
759VKb1xJRxUKq+azhyxptUevzYirDtJym02F6e5nen6bzw3TZ
TbWbrs10C3yCr+Cb8N3w3fHN+GCo4lvxbaYD3gnvgPeC94T3gL
fD6/AavIA34J3wDngveE94D3g7vA6vwQt4myMzNXJHQR7cGQwP
c52br0trulhfqBfqBE9J4ZMUPVf6WYqeniJvaGNeY14jOtGJgU
a+BcaZgjFS9CzMK7kHVKg/iGe+hftBLjBK7iAZ5Cd7OPKOOOU5
ucx45g5yt9yt2ZPYhvlWwgOVrXmJtkvYHmJjE7uE2soOe2XnqP
IimeyIS0od8vP+k6/vsCukjPo5fP2/S3//A3rGGQI=

Volcano Solution:
eNpdk1uC2zAIRZEsQEIPe2YcZyfdSTfZz26wPZrPCbkBS+iASJ
JE3m/5O1Jfo6c2u8SUHkO9DatzmcepFi5PeHqF5zv8+Aovn+H6
EW5XuJ/hdYW3SZ6Ql8jL5B3kFfKUPBju5FXyWvgD7wXvhvcF7x
PeB7wL3glvwZvwHngveDe8L3if8D7gXfBOeAvehNcGivAgHmgS
T9YCxpgxXGNUW8stTuO8cE7ISVvkyRY1K/Vii5pji3ihRr9Bv4
Ef+IGf6Nl3gfHagvFsUTPRr+w5oMT5G//ad2H9IRYYac9gM4hf
zOHea/i8nzeXHl97Bnu2rNVdE7+eGC21MVFqa6S5LplxTYmnSb
yFs50Znp2Zo+5xSMmHqB1ieM9H2iJOitjLW8SZtcxeIdaSs1fL
laEFP4LgS7TQb8ujRMaP7BHZLHczRdYP61mtKzKxqqzzsXqyNf
DT7JrFLnL7yjaW2Vxq83LrF7zL4xrFOrmDnBHJOgUoZAGj7nMb
2sxqU6vsN1NrleZqll+VjnnXolq0FJUiitGKuHjaZphihYtvU8
ww15Ia6mgqPaDQwp+hBHFULWt7yKTqTEU7attb0UAjiLdW0YrX
Lc++ei5co3Cdsq8RNTmte6UnfnPWk3BaLE3UURPFU0OoIdTIcc
+3pP7I739/5MfrjveU9PTvhx/7Rc5//wGoJyPg

Time: 0:30
Broken: 0
Parts: 58
Items: 177

Iván Nieto

May 4, 2011, 12:14:55 AM5/4/11
to Tile Factory
As a bonus, a proof of concept:

eNqNkAuS3CAMRBkBAhoh7LHBc4KcNndOevYE665XJfRpjF4hfD
7hbwkB5fVCEUGJESUllFJQakVpDeVhfbO+WL9Zv1h/Z5RTUQ72
TfY5+8JDn02fRZ+bPhd9DvpM+jh7yGR8MHee9HjTiz03exdnNm
cfemAQoIwvA/YyH8GgYg4ZhjjMZFaLs0454PGARqsaOzR1j3J6
jCeQjUNmls9qetaZ33B9A2mYJvbn7qq9az5M9TBPJ+ff1pJ7zB
eiXhg9wPpraBcSoT3RMja1NNQy0QqIA5EkR89EvdFEM400wUuE
Z8XMGbMIrH6JMM1EoSW7FvWYMmJS3iseNXIDyzHWxOKbF4bVBZ
ur26rN1qxeFvwgq5ADrS1vTpaT5nJXyD0h84bUG7r43mWuffG/
1yiduzbyGOnA2BOb92z6z93nsTF34fwDeSqab2+7efgjZ6Tkq8
lo8myky8n9eLJ8KZW/OhmdyfOVclIqqygfp8KIGX5SmamxpZRb
6kmls2pftK16U8vXvKm12s+RiZ/j3O2pT93V93yoLdzYJ0jfts
Mvv4WPB9kc+e1ECvPff53lIBI=

Iván Nieto

May 7, 2011, 12:23:14 AM5/7/11
to Tile Factory
6x6 block:

eNrtw4kNAjEMBMD1Pg4XQhf03xKlgOtAN9IUsJ84L+790vTM7L
n2PrzO0fTM7LmuAxTxaLwJwWAUJ+msBI0FWrbj9jIlWVFriUWq
RJeZCruaqxZxu/0R4/P9AbvJBPg=

and solution:

eNrt0NtRxTAMBNDV6m0CKYEfCqD/ZigFNm0wV54zK1sfiW3Aec
P3O895dwlJKelzLu51uYSklPRexYlyCUkp6YljU4dVp6vPTJ+w
PGl5NfyatGvFBI/FtYsbh7cF71VO8AOywUJVbXUV/B7Qx/RJKp
2+D/VrAuJzbKil4T6LWrY2shjuDrGaCVZzefaT45Zj6u05m1zt
l0oqTWlKrKgH5DkvrP5vvZUNI6bwRTgCTM/IzMrORKHB8IhIPV
YH3T08vbydpguYM3R5vRHLim1NvOpV/6gCP79/xP8K6w==

TC

Jun 17, 2011, 1:53:08 PM6/17/11
to Tile Factory
Thanks to everyone who participated in the Unglue Challenge. I am VERY
impressed with the puzzles posted. When I suggested the design
concept, I had a preconceived idea of what the puzzles would look
like. However, your puzzles were all very creative and unexpected. I'm
particularly impressed that you guys were able to design puzzles that
REQUIRED ungluing (i.e. it wasn't just a creative alternative to the
straightforward approach).

To sum up this thread, here is a list of the puzzles which seem to
meet the design goal:

Color Test (Neebat)
Primaries Sampler (Steve42)
Simple Puzzle (Grabar)