Reverting a tiddlyspace to its defaults

passingby

Oct 24, 2010, 1:36:12 AM10/24/10
to TiddlyWiki
I want this space http://intrinsic-chunks.tiddlyspace.com/ to revert
to its default, colors and layout both. Whats the correct way of doing
it?

passingby

Oct 24, 2010, 2:40:53 AM10/24/10
to TiddlyWiki
Another question concerning the same space as mentioned above. In the
sidebar under the 'Tags' why isnt 'excludeLists' tag not visible? And
why is there a tiddler (intrinsic-chunksSetupFlag) tagged
'excludePublisher' ? When I created another space it did not have any
tiddler tagged such.

On Oct 24, 10:36 am, passingby <passingby...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I want this spacehttp://intrinsic-chunks.tiddlyspace.com/to revert

Tobias Beer

Oct 24, 2010, 6:07:25 AM10/24/10
to TiddlyWiki
If you want to revert to the defaults, simply delete the corresponding
tiddlers that you have created in your space and then the tiddlers of
the system-theme will be dominant again, e.g. PageTemplate or
ViewTemplate or StyleSheet, etc...

In case those tiddlers have been tagged with excludeLists, you can
find them listed in the sidebar under spaces/intrinsic-chunks (11).

excludeLists is a "special" tag that prevents the tiddler tagged with
it from being displayed in certain lists. As far as I remember
excludeLists itself is only not visible if you tag the tiddler
excludeLists with excludeLists.

PMario

Oct 24, 2010, 8:44:43 AM10/24/10
to TiddlyWiki
On Oct 24, 8:40 am, passingby <passingby...@gmail.com> wrote:
> why is there a tiddler (intrinsic-chunksSetupFlag) tagged
> 'excludePublisher' ? When I created another space it did not have any
> tiddler tagged such.
excludePublisher seems to be a new tiddlySpace specific tag. the
SetupFlag seems to be needed by client side tiddly space stuff. As far
as I have seen, it was allways there. But hopefully it will be gone
some day.
-m

passingby

Oct 24, 2010, 9:35:23 AM10/24/10
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you friends.
Today I did a whole lot of merciless deleting having faith that
whatever is systemic shall be restored. It went well. I found that
even when the log showed: error saving, forbidden, it replaced the
tiddler with system-default tiddler (I think/if I remember correctly)
A funny thing was I deleted ViewTiddler! and Lord Be Praised I lost
access to view of tiddlers! That was a wow moment! I started giggling
instead of panicking.
I then downloaded another of my tiddlyspaces to a local TW and then
uploaded the file to the broken space though backstage import tab, and
chose just the ViewTiddler to upload. So the crisis was ended. But it
was a good learning thing.

FND

Oct 25, 2010, 1:52:08 AM10/25/10
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
FWIW, there's a yet-undocumented, unofficial and not-fully-tested safe
mode which *deletes* (as in, erase irretrievably) all default tiddlers
from the respective space.

It can be invoked by appending "/_safe" to the space URL (e.g.
http://fnd.tiddlyspace.com/_safe).

Handle with care!

-- F.

rakugo

Oct 25, 2010, 3:41:38 AM10/25/10
to TiddlyWiki
On 24 Oct, 13:44, PMario <pmari...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 24, 8:40 am, passingby <passingby...@gmail.com> wrote:> why is there a tiddler (intrinsic-chunksSetupFlag) tagged
> > 'excludePublisher' ? When I created another space it did not have any
> > tiddler tagged such.
The setupFlag tiddler is created when you initialise your space. It
gives you TiddlyWeb updates and runs the first time you open a space
to give you thinks like a default SiteIcon and an atom feed link in
your MarkupPreHead tiddler. The excludePublisher tag is used to
prevent certain things showing up in the batch publish list as there
may be things you never want to publish but want to tag excludeLists.

passingby

Oct 25, 2010, 5:50:32 AM10/25/10
to TiddlyWiki
Thank you friends