Kindle Export

65 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

DanielF847

ulæst,
13. jan. 2012, 22.43.4213.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
I was wondering if anyone has found a useful way to export a TW to
a .mobi format
I know you can simply snapshot it and then convert it with mobipocket
creator, but does that preserve the links?

I am a student, who uses TW for note taking and would like to be able
to look at my notes on the go. (and isolate myself from facebook
during studying time haha)

If nothing is available to do this in an automated fashion, I would be
happy to write something, but I will need a little help with how TW
and/or the snapshots are structured.

If anyone would like to help on a project like this, I'd love to hear
about it, just shoot me an email or post here and maybe we can get
something started.

I love wiki note-taking, but its not portable enough for my purposes,
I want to be able to read my TW EVERYWHERE lol.

Daniel

Tobias Beer

ulæst,
14. jan. 2012, 05.42.5914.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
Does your kindle have an internet connection and a browser that can
load hosted tiddlywikis? If yes, I suggest you forget .mobi. If
facebook really is the problem, well then... focus. :-D

DanielF847

ulæst,
14. jan. 2012, 19.41.3414.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
I have the kindle dx. and I have been able to open the empty.html
file, but nothing displays, I've enabled javascript and still can't
get it to work, also the web browser is slow. I don't care about
editing.

Ideally, I would like to just export my TW before a test or something
and then use the kindle to study.

Just in case anyone else is looking, the kindles (not including the
kindle 1) can access local html content.
the document root can be found at:

file:////mnt/us/documents/

there are 4 slashes, I assume, because it uses a fhs style file
structure. so file://// would be root.

DanielF847

ulæst,
16. jan. 2012, 09.47.0816.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
Ok, so I think the most effective way for my purposes is a mixture of
the snapshot plugin and a macro. The process will work something like
this:
--Obviously write Tiddlers
--Create a tiddler (for our purposes we'll call it Compilation 1)
--within the tiddler add excerpts and full articles using a macro.
(the macro would add some magic formatting to convert the titles of
each of the sections into anchors and each [[page]] link and WikiWord
into an internal link)
--use snapshot to export the data
--and a batch file to do some text processing and turn it into a .mobi
(or I'll leave it as html, I havent decided)

I wouldn't get everything I wanted, but I'd get pretty darn close. it
would give me anchor links for whatever I add to the compilation which
will work in both html and mobi

I did see somewhere that someone made a feature request for something
like this, but it did not seem recent, and I'm guessing that the
author isn't going to get on that any time soon

Tobias Beer

ulæst,
16. jan. 2012, 17.33.0816.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
Well, as you noticed, that author was indeed me... ;-)

http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywiki/browse_thread/thread/5898c8eb4c72cdb7

And you're right, I could perhaps get you closer to your goal.

Although, for now... I am not much familiar with .mobi, but it looks
like creating one from html should be straight forward.

While I can't remember if Snapshot plugin can do that, it might be
better to have each tiddler exported in the desired sequence as files
named sequentially. To use jquery and create links to these indexed
files seems more straight forward than to create those anchors. I
remember that the process was quite tough.

I don't know how good your coding skills are, or your German... but
the code that provided for the mentioned flat file...

http://therapie-sport.de/index2.html

...can be found here...

http://therapie-sport.de/#Export

In the case of. mobi it seems the right thing to strip all page
elements that are not tiddlers, e.g. sidebars, even headers.

tb

Tobias Beer

ulæst,
16. jan. 2012, 17.35.2416.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
To be able to look at...
http://therapie-sport.de/#Export
you will need to download that wiki.

tb

DanielF847

ulæst,
17. jan. 2012, 03.02.0817.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
yea sorry about that. I didn't realize you were the creator until
after I posted. My german skills are non existent (English/Spanish are
quite good) and my coding experience is average. My major hurdle is
understanding the TW code and how to interact with it. There isn't a
whole lot of documentation about it. I'm slowly eating my way through
it, and then possibly I'll be able to write something myself.

On Jan 16, 4:35 pm, Tobias Beer <beertob...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> To be able to look at...http://therapie-sport.de/#Export

DanielF847

ulæst,
17. jan. 2012, 03.04.5417.01.2012
til TiddlyWiki
yea sorry about that. I didn't realize you were the creator until
after I posted. My german skills are non existent (English/Spanish are
quite good) and my coding experience is average. My major hurdle is
understanding the TW code and how to interact with it. There isn't a
whole lot of documentation about it. I'm slowly eating my way through
it, and then possibly I'll be able to write something myself.

On Jan 16, 4:35 pm, Tobias Beer <beertob...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> To be able to look at...http://therapie-sport.de/#Export

Tobias Beer

ulæst,
14. feb. 2012, 16.46.0414.02.2012
til TiddlyWiki
Hi Daniel...

Something I had forgotten I have posted once, maybe it will be useful:
http://snapshotpluginextension.tiddlyspot.com

tb.
Svar alle
Svar til forfatter